Thread: Don't read this if you are eating or about to eat

Default Don't read this if you are eating or about to eat

About three weeks after starting Paleo, my stool got really runny--ie diarrhea (cha cha cha). I wasn't sure if I was getting a stomach bug that was going around, or if the good bacteria in my system had gone haywire. In any case--I got some plain greek yougart with live cultures mixed in some honey and cinnamon . 2 days went by--my insides got better. Again--no proof if it was the yougurt, or the bug ran its course. Fast forward another 3 weeks and my stomach is back to runny shit. Just knocked off some more yougurt.

My question is, has anyone else seen a change of "stool" while on Paleo? Is this common? Is there something else in my diet I should include or exclude?
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Yes, its a change in the fibers and protein you take in your diet, At least thats what a registered Dietition told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Funny to see shit referred to as both shit and stool in the same post.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Is it more of the water based shit or does it resemble soft serve?

Will it stick to paper?

water based--not soft serve.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN

Funny to see shit referred to as both shit and stool in the same post.
    I didn't want to be redundant.

It is suggested that you gradually increase (few g's per weekk) your fiber intake.... for this reason.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Can you shit in a pepsi cola bottle and not get any on the sides?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've not had any issues in that area.

Shoot Robb Wolf an e mail and see what he says.

I will say I duece less on paleo. One, maybe two times a day. And they're good uns.

Reckon it is that high octane boat fuel you been running?

After trying your boat fuel Saturday in copious amounts...I couldnt trust a fart for two days.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 02-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I would do a process of elimination and see if it is linked to something specific you are eating on a daily basis.

I can't eat a lot of sunflower seeds for this reason. They clean me out.

I'm shitting real good as of late. One colonoscopy and one prostrate biopsy all within three weeks have made me a well oiled mochine!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I'm with Glenn. If I eat a fair amount of Sunflower seeds I'm doing the sphincter shuffle to the jon! Also, as I learned the hardway in Afghanistan, never, NEVER trust a fart!

I would have to rule out the High Octane as I did not have any the first round of the runs.

It could very well be sunflower seeds. I am going to cut those out and see what happens. I did eat a whole bag 2 days ago.

As far as increasing fiber, anyone know of any farmers growing flaxseed???

Lab--for God's sake I am going to make a sticky in every single forum that reads: "Lab got his insides scoped and scraped!!!" Hell--I might even make it a banner ad on the homepage.