Thread: Tough Mudder Georgia

Default Tough Mudder Georgia

I cannot describe the pain that was inflicted upon me on saturday in Georgia at the Tough Mudder. It was arguably the hardest 12 miles I have ever run. 27 obstacles through the Aonia Pass Motor Cross track and surrounding property. Obstacles were either muddy, wet, hard or cold. Sometimes all of the above. A few worth mentioning was the Artic Enima, which is just a 25 foot construction dumpster filled to the top with water and processed ice floating in the top 2 inches. Everest, that one is a giant skateboard half pipe thats got to be 25 feet in the air to the top. The face of it had some sort of vynl veneer that made it slippery and you were already wet and muddy. Only way up was to run as hard as you could up it and reach up to people already up there and hope they catch you and drag your butt over the top. Lastly was the Electroshock Therapy. Basically a large trellis probably 25 feet long by 25 wide with positive and neg wires hanging about 6 inches apart all over. 10,000 volts to your body when one part of you touches pos. and neg. Hay bails across the path slow you up and the mud keeps you a little less quick too. Knocked me to the ground four times before I got through. At the end, you get not a medal but a 1980s era Orange headband that says Tough Mudder on it. I have a drawer full of 1/2 and full Marathon medals but that head band ranks ahead of most of them. One sign there that I saw along the course said "Not finishing Tough Mudder is not near as embarassing as signing up for a 3 mile mud run" If you like that sort of thing, look into it. ToughMudder. com
    They are having the first one in SC in Florence in October I think. You definitely have to be ready for this one, you cant just get up off the couch and do it.

Sounds tuff but fun congrats

I went with a group of friends and a good time was had by all, but I don't think I had ever been colder in my life. It got to the point where I was so cold it actually hurt.

I've completed the USMC Mud Run in Columbia a few times and really enjoyed it - only 6.5 miles though. May have to look into this one...

Congrats!
    Last edited by Elcid_Fowler; 02-15-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Congrats on finishing!

I don't mind being cold.

I don't mind being wet.

I do mind being cold and wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Congrats on finishing!

I don't mind being cold.

I don't mind being wet.

I do mind being cold and wet.
    Then this sounds like a day for you.................

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.