Thread: Shrimp Caminada

Default Shrimp Caminada

Had this as a PoBoy at Grand Isle in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Our waiter told us where to find the recipe (http://www.louisianacookin.com/index...aminada-po-boy), so naturally, I wanted to recreate it when we got back home. Well, with all that bread it ain't zackly Paleo, so I tweaked it a bit to get the end result I wanted. Instead of the 3 TBSP of sugar in the slaw, I subbed honey and instead of regular unsalted butter, I used grass-fed. Also, I couldn't find the chili oil, so I just left it out. I used crushed red pepper (a tad too much - it was on FIRE) instead of the chili flake. No Napa cabbage to be found, so I just used a whole head of green cabbage. Finally, I added tarragon to the herb mix - the waiter said they had added that since the original recipe was published in the link.

Sorry for the picture size - I didn't bother resizing before posting here. And these cell phone pics don't come close to doing this stuff justice.

I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I just ate and you already have my mouth watering.

That would make a fine omelet

You know - it would.

My first thought was "with that slaw?!?". But yeah - I could see it.

I got too much heat in this mofo. Hottamighty. My lips was burnin.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Cook those eggs big and dry and treat em like flatbread......disrespectful as shit to the eggs, but fuck 'em, they're food.

Sounds like an STD to me...
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss