Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hog Trapping in progress

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Do you have the hog panels on the outside of the t-post? If so, you might want to rethink that gwb 'strategery'
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I have 2 metal ones similar to the one doe killer pictured. Ive had as many as 8 in there (2 being 150+ and some smaller ones) and never had any escape. I also trapped one that we estimated at 400 that could stand up on the side and touch the top and he never flipped it. Good luck with yours! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!

The True Value in Harleyville has some good looking hog traps with slanted doors. They're about 4'x4'x8' (as well as I remember) and made from material similar to cattle panels. A friend has one and caught six pigs at once in it the first time he set it. They had a price of $380 on it. I would think an easily portable trap would be an advantage.

PB as of right now what I have in this trap is about 20 bucks(maybe) in EMT conduit and 4 cattle panels at 20 bucks each. Roughly 20 T posts and 50 feet of 2x4 fence material I had from old dog pen. So 100 dollars and my labor is all. Pretty dang cheap and once I got the few bugs worked out it should be a good trap. I price traps and doors online and I can't justify paying what they are going for. This trap should hold up fine once I set it up tomorrow. After a few lessons I have learned and weakness that were found by me and pig that escaped.

I will keep posting and updated as I go.
    Phillipians 4:13

J,

If you need some help tomorrow relocating that trap give me a shout and I'll give you a hand.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Thanks chuck but I should be good the fellas that own the land are going to be there and help out

I have an old trampoline that I'm going to use as a frame for a portable trap. Makes attaching the cattle panels fairly easy and its easy to stake down with rebar. You might could find one that someone wanted hauled off in order to make a portable trap.

ten four. I'll be up the road at our place looking for da swine as well.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Camera pulled today. Trap reenforced and reset in same location after seeing the camera.

Shot two this afternoon bout that size a black one and a white one. Lost the blood trail after about thirty minutes and said the heck with it. Wasn't looking forward to that quarter mile uphill drag either.

Good deal chuck I hope to shoot one in the morning. They have been in here every night since Wed night. So the trap in set and hopefully he will be there when I get there in the morning

Hope to see the video of a hog killin tomorrow sometime!!

Well figured I was going to have a hog today but after I left one of the landowners decided to come down and drive his four wheeler to the trap to "see" it. No clue why they. Ouldnt just look from a distance, but they drove right up to it and shot pistols on the range about 300 yards away from trap site. So no camera pictures of hogs last night an only a few coons also. I was pissed this morning, but since it is not my land and I am just trapping as a favor I really can't say much. So well see if they come back and how long it takes'

murphy's law is kicking your ass my friend.

I hope things take a turn for the better.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    murphy's law is kicking your ass my friend.

I hope things take a turn for the better.
    I know right! Dang one thing after another! Hopefully soon I will have a change of luck.

You just need to EDUCATE the landowner.

The boar would have still come late at night. Probably a sow coming into heat somewhere. He'll be back.

Maybe so cat I'm going to check it again in the morning. With the change in weather and the known food source I think your right he will be back just don't know when.

No update?

Default Hogs 2 Duk 0

Educated another pig today. He was in trap but managed to climb out over the gate. I have solution for that that will be in Place tomorrow. Left gate open tonight and will reset it tomorrow when I fix my newest weaknesses.

Damn a hog they will make you feel Stupid!