Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hog Trapping in progress

Also update no pigs in trap today. None around on camera ether. Think the howling wind kept them from feeding good last night
    Phillipians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    No it not down there but it was before I moved to to where it is now. I have land right by interstate and 97. Chuck we need to talk about where exactly you saw these pigs. I have land on Shannon road also, right near moffit(sp) store rd. give me a shout tomorrow.
    Jew stay away from Moffit Creek and Shannon road. I'll holler at you tomorrow for sure.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Default Hey Chuck...I guarantee a few of those will be gone

in the next few weeks. We have land on Shannon & Countryside. We have a 350+ boar coming in nightly and another group of 9 coming in every other night. I had the big one in the spotlight and in my crosshairs 2 weeks ago, but firing pin broke. That won't be a problem anymore. Big one running with a sow for the last few days so I have gotta get rid of them quick.

Update door tripped today but hung up on catch and didn't drop but about 6 inches. Hogs were in the trap based off sign and corn being gone. Looks like they could just walk back out. I might have to redo the trip mechinism if it happens again.

Card in the camera I put didn't work and pretty sure I forgot to turn it back on this evening after swapping card this evening.

That sucks, better luck next time

Meathook--ifn you need help holler at me this weekend I'll be around.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

IMG00275-20110414-1812.jpg

I used a little different trip mechanism. I also used some vanilla flavoring on top of my corn. This was from last year. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    If you get a big one in there you better shoot him from a distance because he will come out.

Damn, time to run some ballistics tests.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Default Pig 2 Duk 0

Todays update

Worse than yesterday as today I educated atleast 1 hog! Trap tripped and atleast one hog inside, but he found my weakness. I had one little section where the cattle panels didn't over lap and he climbed his big fat butt yp and over the fence material. That was 40" where he climbed out! Since I forgot to turn the camera on no telling on how long he was in pen, but I didn't get there till lunch and he was gone.

THe door as well as the rest of the trap held, you can see where he slammed and tried to get out of the gate. He never tried to go out under any on the panels. I guessing the fence material on the ground prevented that. So now I put another 16' section to eliminate the
    weakness. THere was only about 4 foot area in back side, but he found it and he is educated now.

Here's the door

Door from straight over head. You can see where he tried, but it held and he found another way.

So as I have stated before this is a learning experience, I fixed the trip mechinisem yesterday, today I fixed the pen weakness. I did turn on the camera today, and reset the trap. Now well see if I can get another one in this location before the weekend, if not I'm going to move to another location on property where they are distroying the field right now. I never would have though a pig could climb that high!

If the trap is too big they will jump out as well.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    If the trap is too big they will jump out as well.
    That might be what happened. Since I didn't turn the camera on I dont know. He aint going to jump out now as cattle panels are completely enclosing pen.

Give me the location and I'll check it Friday for you.

THanks Chuck, but at this point I got some business I need to address so I want to check it. I got a grudge to pay with them now and if I get these bugs worked out they will be dieing here soon!

That is exactly what they did to my " hog slammer" trap

You would get more of an adrenaline rush with dogs rather than the trap.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

this trap is heavy and takes 2 people to move around but i have never had one get out

good luck, J. that trap wont hold hogs for long but you are getting there!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Why isn't there an update? I want to see some trapped swine!!!

I always made my traps out of pallets and 2x4s. NEVER had a hog get out that I had a picture of. Had as many as 22 in the trap at one time. 3 hogs went over 200 and 2 over 150 the rest were small 25 to 30 lbs.
    Pallet traps are the best other than the portable metal ones. But you only catch 1 to 2 hogs in those.
    Teton's Early Morning Fawn "Sable"
    Nandawishibe's Livin The Dream "Lily"
    Cedar Creek at Nandawishibe's Quack Boom Splash JH "Boomer"

Yea no update. No hogs Wed I'm thinking that the one that escaped had all the others using the trap scared. So I'm thinking about relocating to another place on the property where there is fresh sign and starting fresh. I will update tomorrow.

Don't worry there will be pictures of trapped swine soon enough! I got a score to settle now!