Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benelli Recoil Spring Help

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    Sure cycle looks to be >$150....seems a little pricey.
    You get what you pay for. Its a one-and-done deal with the sure cycle system. Even if, for some godly reason, it fails or breaks they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty. I've never heard of a single problem out of one before.

The older gentleman with the burly Kris Kringle beard on the main page of the SRM website puts more shells through a benelli in a year than most people put through a gun in their lifetime and he has yet to have a problem with them..
    Last edited by romeocadet08; 02-10-2012 at 03:38 AM.
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

There are several reason for replacing the factory recoil spring system. Here are a few of them. First, the factory recoil systems in most shotguns are made of low-grade steel and most contain plastic parts within the system. In a short time it will begin rusting and corroding. This will cause reduced cycling performance and eventually the factory spring will fail. Second, many factory systems have trouble cycling light target or game loads reliably or cannot fire them at all. Third, and most important, is confidence in your shogun's performance. The worries of ruined hunts or matches are no longer a problem. You will have total confidence in your shotgun's performance.

The Sure Cycle system is manufactured of all stainless steel components. It will never rust or corrode, and you will never experience a decrease in cycling performance, ever! Also, the Sure Cycle system is designed to increase the cyclic rate of every shotgun, and increase their ability to reliably cycle light target and game loads. We are so confident in this system, it is warranted for the life of your shotgun!
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by romeocadet08 View Post
    There are several reason for replacing the factory recoil spring system. Here are a few of them. First, the factory recoil systems in most shotguns are made of low-grade steel and most contain plastic parts within the system. In a short time it will begin rusting and corroding. This will cause reduced cycling performance and eventually the factory spring will fail. Second, many factory systems have trouble cycling light target or game loads reliably or cannot fire them at all. Third, and most important, is confidence in your shogun's performance. The worries of ruined hunts or matches are no longer a problem. You will have total confidence in your shotgun's performance.

The Sure Cycle system is manufactured of all stainless steel components. It will never rust or corrode, and you will never experience a decrease in cycling performance, ever! Also, the Sure Cycle system is designed to increase the cyclic rate of every shotgun, and increase their ability to reliably cycle light target and game loads. We are so confident in this system, it is warranted for the life of your shotgun!
    Thank you Larry Potterfield.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Thank you Larry Potterfield.

Thats called copy and paste !
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Thats called copy and paste !

You don't say Joe

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

X2 on the sure cycle, i had to replace EVERY spring(beside the mag tube) in my benelli a year or so ago from salt getting to it(or maybe i should actually clean it) and went with the sure cycle.
    It has held up to its reputation and although i have only put a year and a half through it, if it can be broken, i can break it. Still holding strong and hasnt hung yet.
    Last edited by buckpro; 02-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Thanks for your business

:Fu:

NBK Pro-staff

did ya'll put the reg sure cycle in or the magnum one. The say the magnum one will close like a bear trap but won't funtion low brass.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

why dont yall fellas just buy extrema 2s...seriously

Had a barn burner of a hunt get ruined this year by my recoil spring going out on me. Could only shoot one shell at a time. Do yourself a favor and put in the sure cycle system when you get the gun.

And I own a xtrema. Great gun, shoots well. But the benneli fits me much better. And its just ad reliable once you make the sure cycle upgrade.

I had my xtrema2 mess up on me for the first time in the 5years I've owned it...started hanging up (my fault as I have not cleaned it in 2 years, seriously) and my firing pin was hanging up and getting stuck....after it cost me 2 greenheads I walked back to the boat and got out the old trusty 870.

After a good cleaning at the hotel that night the hanging up problem was corrected but the firing pin was still giving me the same problem.....needless to say, its been a damn good gun
    Last edited by romeocadet08; 02-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    or just get an extrema 2
    Because they dont fit me.

Because they dont fit me, and the X1 I had, had cycling issues, so dont act like they are above malfunctioning. Berettas are damn nice guns and a 20 gauge Beretta O/U will most likely be my next gun purchase.

Heres the bottom line, guns are machines that are made up of lots of moving parts. Parts break, parts malfunction, shit gets dirty and screws up, yada, yada, yada. Sure cycle has a proven track record of making any gun you install it in a better, more reliable weapon regardless of how badly you treat it. I have two M2's and they have both seen the bottom of pit blinds, the bottom of boats, the bottom of hardwood swamps, marshes and damn near every other kind of place Ive hunted in. They usually function just fine after you dump the water out of em. They hang up every now and again, but thats my fault for the beating I give em. One is 3 years old, the other is 4. They are still factory, but I will be installing Sure Cycles on both before next year.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 02-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Because they dont fit me.

Because they dont fit me, and the X1 I had, had cycling issues, so dont act like they are above malfunctioning. Berettas are damn nice guns and a 20 gauge Beretta O/U will most likely be my next gun purchase.

Heres the bottom line, guns are machines that are made up of lots of moving parts. Parts break, parts malfunction, shit gets dirty and screws up, yada, yada, yada. Sure cycle has a proven track record of making any gun you install it in a better, more reliable weapon regardless of how badly you treat it. I have two M2's and they have both seen the bottom of pit blinds, the bottom of boats, the bottom of hardwood swamps, marshes and damn near every other kind of place Ive hunted in. They usually function just fine after you dump the water out of em. They hang up every now and again, but thats my fault for the beating I give em. One is 3 years old, the other is 4. They are still factory, but I will be installing Sure Cycles on both before next year.

Well that is a good reason. I was referring more to the fact some benellis i have been around will not cycle the 2.75 inch shells too well....some better than others though. I have had excellent service out of my beretta for 4 or five years now. I just like the fact that it is a true 2.75-3.5 gun. I have virtually every major brand and the berettas and benellis are def worth the money to me. I shot a 3.5 vinci last week that hung up on about every third dove load. The 3 inch vinci is going to be my next purchase. I bet that my gun will start screwing up after having so much confidence in it.

Had one. Bought an xtrema when they came out. Wore it out. No one could fix it. Bought a Xtrema 2 and had trouble from the get go. Got tired of the broken parts.
    80-20 Genaration

Oh yea, I forgot .....

Let a friend take my x2 to LA last year...on day #2 the roll pin and ejector spring broke..was only a $12 fix.

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Had one. Bought an xtrema when they came out. Wore it out. No one could fix it. Bought a Xtrema 2 and had trouble from the get go. Got tired of the broken parts.

like you hunt a lot

I removed the recoil spring from my M1 Super 90. Took a screwdriver and pushed it down and sprayed carb cleaner into the spring assembly. Worked the spring back and forth several times. I then sprayed WD 40 into the assembly to neutralize the carb cleaner. I then sprayed hot water into the assembly. All types of goo came out of the hole on the other end of the recoil sping assmebly. Repeated the process several times then blow it dry and put a light coat of oil in the spring assembly. I put the gun back together and the bolt slams shut like a steel trap. In fact I disassemble the entire gun and clean it this way, I have done this several times since I bought the gun in 2004, no problems .

I bought my M-1 around 97 and had Jeff send me a Sure Cycle immediately. It was easy enough to install. About twice a year she slows down because I shoot Kent. I simply run an oil soaked rag through the action, give it a squirt of Rem-Oil, and she is back to steel trap quick. If anything it is TOO QUICK cycling since unburnt and still burning powder blowing out the ejection slot has burned my ass up more than once. Semi clean is preferable state to keep that gun in...