Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets break this down.....

Do you guys know how to post videos to Facebook? Excellent commercial
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

wish i was as cool as you. maybe one day when i grow up....

mdb

why don't you make a New to Duckin' forum. Question and answer and let mergie, tater and fish be the moderators
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

just a suggestion. some of the ones I have been in were pretty cool. serious talk, pertaining to the topic at hand, hunting.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

copy and paste the web address link to the video........
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    Im 20, I have5 years. Hell, I'm still learning.

I'm 46, I have 38 years and still learning. Carry on !
    80-20 Genaration

I think what it comes down to is people wanting to learn the right way. I have been hunting for 5 years now, I'm 19 years old and dont claim to know shit about the sport. I listen, watch, and try to learn as much as I can about this sport and doing it the right way. Thats what it really comes down to. Young kids, my age and younger, think that the only thing duck hunting is about is killing ducks. Its about putting in the time, effort, sweat, gas, whatever you have to do to find birds and get them into your decoys. Whether you're spending time with your buddies, father, other relatives or whatever. I remember vividly the first yeah I hunted I may have pulled the trigger one time all season but I went maybe 50 times. Because to me it hasn't ever been about just killing ducks. I want to shoot them over my decoys, and watch birds work. This year, I have killed the most ducks I ever have. Granted the majority being wood ducks I'm proud of that because its due to the work that I have done and the time I have put in. I learn something new every time I hunt and that's the beauty of this sport, it is so hard to become really really good at and takes time like nothing else. I will continue to learn for the rest of my life about it and enjoy doing it the right way.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

Sprig,

We've got this

Always watching this

And thinking they NEED this

With no guidance from anyone with honest waterfowling experience.....

We find ourselves here.

God help us.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm 43 and have 29 years exp. Does that count?

I go out of state every year, to different locations and it still amazes me when I hear about some SC boys that were there "the week before" and how their STUPID ASS'ES messed up or got tickets for being stupid. I know this is Generation DUX, but if your ASS wasn't born before 1975, Stay your STUPID M*****F'ING ASS in SC and quit messing our hunting up.

I'm done!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    There are times I wish JAB and Rock would just pull the plug.
    thanks for the laugh!

I thought I was a relatively experienced duck hunter from about 17 years old. Then I moved to Charleston and realized I didn't know shit about fuck. I'm 27 now, 28 in April. Now that I've lived and hunted in the lowcountry for 3 or 4 years, I finally call myself a duck hunter. But I'm far from an expert. I learn new stuff all the time. But I have been very fortunate to meet a few seasoned veterans who have hunted here forever show me the ropes. I'm quick to admit I've got a lot left to learn yet. And that's what makes me love duck hunting so much - I'm always learning, always adjusting, and I never get bored. I always welcome a challenge. It has taken me at least three years of public water hunting to finally feel comfortable enough to go out by myself, completely self-sufficient. And hopefully I'll have my own first boat by next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    I guesses I need to quit counting the years before I got my drivers license.
    You count whatever you want..you kill shit.

I killed ducks at 12, but i wasnt a duck hunter.

My sons went with me when they were 3 and 4, i just dont claim they are 16 and 17 year "veteran" duck hunters.

I do realize we have a few that probably struck out on their own at age 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

the last serious convo that i learned anything was about baiting the end of dec...we need more of that

Shot my 1st one at 12 & I'm 38 now. I get the same feeling now as I did then when I pull the trigger. When I don't, I'll move on.

This time of year here is like this time of year in the gym. Shit'll clear out in about a week.

There used to be a lot of older aged members here who constantly debated topics and shared a wealth of information.

They left and the High Flyers, Xhailers, Highrollers, and various variations of slayer01143's are playing king of the hill.

DUCKMAN? Tuffy? are y'all still out there?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Lets face it fellas. None of us hunt bc we are starving for food. We go hunting bc the pursuit of it is so fun. How a bird is taken with different efforts is where we scale our expertise as waterfowlers. To the guys who ride the water, scouts every whole hes ever known on a weekly basis and patterns birds before the hunt..well done. Just as much of an attah boy to the young feller who chases the same group 15 wood ducks up and down a branch with the desire to know there every move. But to those of you leave the landing and head to the spotlights or pick up early only to move closer to the other guys doing the shooting.. shame on you. If you leave the hill at 6 am with the intent to go find a gap in the hunters and hope someone doesnt see you sneak in with no lights.. go jump off a bridge. Learn what ethics are and remember your days are numbered. Enjoy every sunrise like it was your last and respect others and good things will come your way.
    Last edited by mudeagle; 01-24-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

how about ol Nab, him and trashduck used to make it interesting around here!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Hey you guys, am I cool?

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    Lets face it fellas. None of us hunt bc we are starving for food. We go hunting bc the pursuit of it is so fun. How a bird is taken with different efforts is where we scale our expertise as waterfowlers. To the guys who ride the water, scouts every whole hes ever known on a weekly basis and patterns birds before the hunt..well done. Just as much of an attah boy to the young feller who chases the same group 15 wood ducks up and down a branch with the desire to know there every move. But to those of you leave the landing and head to the spotlights or pick up early only to move closer to the other guys doing the shooting.. shame on you. If you leave the hill at 6 am with the intent to go find a gap in the hunters and hope someone doesnt see you sneak in with no lights.. go jump off a bridge. Learn what ethics are and remember your days are numbered. Enjoy every sunrise like it was your last and respect others and good things will come your way.
    I agree 100%. Couldn't have been worded any better. This is exactly what it comes down to.
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

Default QUACK WACKER

QUACK WACKER---- Just because some of us were born after 1975 makes us dumb mother fu$%ers? Some "young folks" do have a little common sense and are not total dumb shits when it comes to hunting you SOB. I hope you have kids and they end up dumb as shit so everybody can call them dumb mother fu&*ers just like you are calling the "new generation." With your attitude toward young folks, no wonder we have the amount of rubberheads that we do!