Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets break this down.....

Default Lets break this down.....

the past week or so.....

guys shooting over tamies and happy they kill a sprig...1 sprig
    guys shooting over the limit on mergs and proud enough to post a pic..
    guys shooting Grebe's
    guys shooting a hooded merg and posting a pic in field report..1 merg
    guys shooting a single hen mallard and posting a pic in field report
    guys shooting a gwt and posting a pic in the field report of 1 gwt
    guys cant even spell their screen name.."smamp" "relentous"..????
    guys using the term.."mounter" "bull" "stud" entirely too much, just because its a male of the species........
    guys that dont know shit about anything, quick to jump the shit of people, even though you dont know shit about anything..these guys really irk me..you know who you are....

I truly believe that 97.3% of you who will read this dont know shit about duck hunting. You set up too close, you sky bust, you shoot mergs without knowing they are mergs, and are just plain idiots.

Congrats to the 2.7% of the actual duck hunters on this site....you know who you are.

OK, I feel better

carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Yepp

I forgot one...

all you who think you have 20 years duck hunting experience and are only 26..no, you dont.

You have probably 10 years and 10 hopefully learning
    Last edited by sprigdog; 01-24-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Sprig you are a spot on with your analysis.

I am actually embarassed that you came to our State.

It wasn't always like this.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I forgot one...

all you who think you have 20 years duck hunting experience and are only 26..no, you dont.

I'm 28. I have 15 years, earned experience.

Anything before that was really "here they come son, shoot, shoot, shoot."
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It wasn't always like this.
    yes it was.......... just not all of them were on the Internet letting everybody else know
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 01-24-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Im 20, I have5 years. Hell, I'm still learning.
    Last edited by duckcommander727; 01-24-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

If something's on your mind man just let it out.

If you have shot a bunch of birds in your life then i agree. However, if you are a newbie to the sport, you are proud of whatever you killed. I remember my first hoodie along time ago. I thought it was the coolest looking bird i had seen. I can't tell you the last time i shot a merg, however, I've always wanted a pretty drake to sit on a piece of driftwood for the house. Got a buddy that wants to shoot a full plumed spoonie drake for the wall. I remember my first mallard. It was a hen that i called in myself. Picked it up and it had a band. I was on cloud nine till i saw "Call S.C.W.A" on it. It is the only SCWA band on my lanyard because it was my first band and first mallard and a memorable hunt with a buddy. I am one of the most anti scwa people you will ever meet, but it graces my lanyard for that reason and if anyone thinks less of me for that, so be it. My only thing is, feel the posters out before you start bashing. Teach the novice, don't turn them off.

Other than that, I agree 100%
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I'm 28. I have 15 years, earned experience.

Anything before that was really "here they come son, shoot, shoot, shoot."
    exactly...i dont claim my duck hunting years til i got my drivers license.

too many times guys claim they have 20plus years duck hunting...they are like 24....hell, i dont even remember being 8, let alone 4.

Sprig could have beat Newt this past weekend. I would have voted for him.

It has slowly turned in the past 10 years. The mighty tool we have here to share good info and good times is used to spread stupidity. I can deal with the stupidity but when the piling on of the hateful remarks is where I tend to blow the fuse. Kind of like internet gangs, punks on the site and I bet still a little wet behind the ear from the cunt juice from their momma.

There are times I wish JAB and Rock would just pull the plug.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    If you have shot a bunch of birds in your life then i agree. However, if you are a newbie to the sport, you are proud of whatever you killed. I remember my first hoodie along time ago. I thought it was the coolest looking bird i had seen. I can't tell you the last time i shot a merg, however, I've always wanted a pretty drake to sit on a piece of driftwood for the house. Got a buddy that wants to shoot a full plumed spoonie drake for the wall. I remember my first mallard. It was a hen that i called in myself. Picked it up and it had a band. I was on cloud nine till i saw "Call S.C.W.A" on it. It is the only SCWA band on my lanyard because it was my first band and first mallard and a memorable hunt with a buddy. I am one of the most anti scwa people you will ever meet, but it graces my lanyard for that reason and if anyone thinks less of me for that, so be it. My only thing is, feel the posters out before you start bashing. Teach the novice, don't turn them off.

Other than that, I agree 100%
    agreed 1000%...it all depends on the poster right???

I have only been duck hunting 3 years now. I just try to do the opposite of what I read on here and it has worked out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    It has slowly turned in the past 10 years. The mighty tool we have here to share good info and good times is used to spread stupidity. I can deal with the stupidity but when the piling on of the hateful remarks is where I tend to blow the fuse. Kind of like internet gangs, punks on the site and I bet still a little wet behind the ear from the cunt juice from their momma.

There are times I wish JAB and Rock would just pull the plug.

Has a private "invite only" forum ever been tried?? I know there are other sites that have them.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

My dad used to hunt sparkleberry in the 70's when they shot duck out of barrels high atop the cypresses. I always wanted to go as a young man and my dad told me when i was old enough to get my own boat and go by myself, i could. I have never shared a duck blind with him, which i hope i can change. I started when i went off to college. I knew nothing about it other than the mystique of it. Had an old guy that worked with me at Agri supply that took me. I was that rubberhead guy that knew nothing, but someone took the time to show me little here and there. I knew not to set up close to people, not from teaching, but i didn't want people to do it to me so i didn't do it to them. If my hole was taken, iwent to plan b, c and so on. I've had all plans ruined and went out away from people and just enjoyed a sunrise. look forward to every opening morning, its either duck season or prepping for duck season for me. Aask my wife and all my buddies.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    agreed 1000%...it all depends on the poster right???
    yep

I guesses I need to quit counting the years before I got my drivers license.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Has a private "invite only" forum ever been tried?? I know there are other sites that have them.
    ummm........ Facebook
    You've got one life. Blaze on!