Thread: Insanity

Default Insanity

kicked my ass tonight..

Tell us about the program.

I don't know anything about it.

Never tried Insanity, but did 11 weeks of P90X last summer and did the diet (most of it). I was without a doubt in the best shape of my life. I went from 230 lbs to 202 lbs in that time, but bulked up a bit as well. Had more energy than I ever had. Yoga and Plyometrics (jump training) kicked my butt 2x a week, but by the time I finished, I could put 1 leg behind my head.

Tried to get the wife involved but it didnt happen. Thought it would have been cool if she could have put a leg behind her head too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

The secret to these mind-blowing INSANITY workout results: MAX Interval Training. Shaun T took traditional interval training and flipped it on its head—you perform long bursts of maximum-intensity exercises with short periods of rest. Each INSANITY workout keeps you constantly challenged as you alternate between aerobic and anaerobic intervals performed at your MAX. The result: burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour and get the most insane body in 60 days.
    my wife does it.. looks tough.

I was doing it before our last child was born and it kicked my rear daily. Need to get back on it now that things are calming down around the house.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Is it just body weight stuff?

I've got the DVD's - was given them as a Christmas gift. I've done a couple of the workouts - to keep things switched up. It's pretty high intensity, mostly bodyweight stuff. Endurance building stuff. It's not easy. I'll continue to use it from time to time to mix things up, but does not meet my overall objective alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I did it for 4 weeks AFTER i finished P90X and it kicked my ass too.

Glenn it is all cardio based body weight workout. During the Plyo-Cardio-Circuit workout, my heart rate would be 165-170 for 45 minutes. My wife and sister (two different people ) thought i died in the pool house one day doing it.

It will get you in shape and cut you up, but i didn't feel that it built muscle the way P90X did since there were no weights, just reps. lots of burpees, mountain climbers, side to sides etc.

Glenn if you want to take a look at it, someone somewhere MAY have a copy on a thumbdrive
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Ah. Gotcha. Nah. I'm cool with what I have going on but thanks. Just curious what all it entailed. I heard it was a decent program.

Damn, I hope you all don't have your heart explode for real. 170 for that long? WOW is all I got
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I opted for this program instead of P90X because of the extras I would have to buy, like weights. If I make it through this 60 days, I will give P90X a try next.

Football coach made us do this work out a few times. I was tired after the "warm up".
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman