Thread: The un-rubberheads

Default The un-rubberheads

Saturday before last I beat a boat load of folks to a spot on a favorite river. I was parked about 75 yards above where the boat load wanted to pass shoot.

The nice bunch of guys drove up and asked if I was decoying or pass shooting. I told them that I had a boat full of decoys that I was planning on putting out but I was waiting until closer to daylight. I was rather curt with them. They said if I was going to pass shoot they were planning to ask if they could pass shoot at the next bend, but since I was trying to decoy, they'd move much further upriver. They went far enough away that I lost sight of them.

Then, right before daylight, after I had my decoys out another boat runs past and slows down. I hit them with the q-beam but they run right to the spot where the first boat wanted to go. I hit them again but to no effect. They pulled up about 75 yards downriver. I could hear the discussion in the other boat. It sounded like the driver was planning on hunting there regardless but one maybe two other occupants told him that he was too close and needed to move. After a few back-and-forths, the other boat left too.

Wow, two groups of un-rubberheads in one morning.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Thanks for putting that out there.

What time were you in the hole, and what time did the two boats come by?

Kill anything?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You got lucky!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Hopefully some more of these dicktards will jump on the un-rubberhead wagon with these folks!!! It's getting beyond stupid on public water these days.

[QUOTE=Rubberhead*;1015156] I was rather curt with them. [/wn.QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. I have never called a fella a rubberhead, but I've called people a plentif.

This song for some reason has always cracked me up, I "like" it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRpRv57H0g[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Thanks for putting that out there.

What time were you in the hole, and what time did the two boats come by?

Kill anything?
    I was there about an hour before daylight. There wasn't anyone within a mile of me when I first got there but I was only minutes ahead of the next boat. The last group came in not 15 minutes before shooting time.

A ringneck.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I bet that was a breath of fresh air.

Often I hear folks talking and saying things like "I don't give a shit, I'm sitting right here."
    I almost wanna knock their teeth out.

If I can hear you talking, you are too close to me.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

This song for some reason has always cracked me up, I "like" it.

How appropriate!

I dig me some Cake myself.

Rubba, Ringneck or no, those two exchanges would have refreshed my view on public duck hunting, especially if it was on the river I think it is on.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yesterday, had zero boats in sight and decoys placed. 20 min prior, you guessed it, pass shooter goes 90yds away and sits. Motor over and say "im 90 yds away, you are too close" i was all pleasant sounding and everything..he replies"90yds is about right"
    I start cussing...he cuts me off.."no need to cuss i have youngi
    ns in the boat"
    I apologize, then proceed to rant very loud about ethics and teaching kids the wrong way, this is why this state sucks for ducks etc etc.
    He then tells me that he is from there and this is how its always done and i should go back to my decoys because he wont intefere with my decoy hunt.
    Well, its not done that way in that spot. I know this.

First workable bird is a drake bill, he pass shoots it at 60yds and misses. The bird was already cupped and sailing to my spread..after he shot and missed the bird continued straight into my decoys and died. So i guess he was partially correct..he didnt intefere with my decoying birds.
    Im so done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Hell of a teacher he is. "Now son, this is how you hunt. Find someone that is already setup and sit close to them. so they do all the work and you can shoot birds flying towards their decoys. Guaranteed to shoot gun. Killing something is how far you lead them. Lead the bout three foot since you'll be like Forty yards from bird."
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

I dont know why they think it is a dove shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I was rather curt with them.
    Huntin' with the Wolf.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vKKHp5cdCI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZua-wXmdwc[/ame]
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I can only think of a couple times in my life where i was hunting public water and i didn't have boats drive up right before shooting hours close enough to hear them talking. Its good to hear such rumors of people being un-rubberhead like these days.
    Hey big man lemme hol a dollar.

Dumb luck?
    Non Supporting Member

Are you sure you didnt oversleep and it was all a dream?

That usually does not happen. You are being protected by the rubberhead gods