Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: duck hunting shack

Spider, who knows why a black duck does what he does? I know that they like Fork Swamp in numbers that I have yet to see elsewhere. We could count on 20 to 50 on good days coming into the hole and most days were good... Once we shot them out, and we definately shot them out, they quit even flying in that direction.

Those Columbia/Sumter ducks were part of the same crowd we hunted. We would watch them pick up off the ponds at Two Rivers and could gauge pretty close to where they were going. Once they Cutover Columbia/Sumter, we could run the boat to them in high water and get them pretty good for a couple of years. One of the boys over there had them baited and we used to love to watch them go over in waves right at daylight and hear the WAR volley that followed as they loaded up the hole over there. Those boys got them as good as anybody during those days. In fact they got a few extra too, lol...

I began my hunting on the tail end of those good days. I cut my teeth onthe ducks in Sumter/Columbia Hunt Club. My father was never much of a hunter other than quail and doves, but he and his dad taught me more than most will ever learn about catching bluegills and mollies in Beech Creek. Great memories!!!!
    JAB, I would love to see the pics, but my filtering on my computer won't let me. Can you e-mail them??
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

The last yr we killed the blacks in any numbers was 1989 - had a little spot in the swamp that them and the mallards loved - from the week before Christmas until it went out on Jan 4(I believe) everybody that went killed their black duck every morning and damn the mallards - we hunted that hole something like 10 out of 14 days and never shot them out - they loved that spot.
    I remember the week of Chrsitmas - I think it was on a Monday that yr - got up early Christmas morning - hunted Tuesday thru Friday - I think I had like 12 hrs worth of sleep from Monday am to Friday night - was still young then!
    There was one tree in there that little Simmons about had shot down by Firday!
    The season came in on Dec. 10 that yr - my first yr wedding anniversary - guess where I spent it - and yep, she's still with me bless her heart.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

AND by the way, Jab!!!, SA agent HINES told us not what to do again and let us go. That be a Looooooooooooooooooong time ago!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

He made true believers out of the Congaree and Wateree swamp boys.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

That would be an AMEN! The man did not wear waders - said they got in the way and it helped eliminate any feeling of sympathy for his victims. George and I became best friends and still are to this day! His father was the Fed Agent that planned the Tangiers Island Raid in Maryland - He was also a great friend of Dave Hall the most famous Federal agent given the credit for cleaning up Louisianna and Arkansas and the illegal corporate operations that made the illegal kill in La. higher than the legal kill which was over 4 million birds a year! There was some truth about the cajuns and their love for shooting a duck - 12 months a year using any method possible and then to be paid for it was icing on the cake!! Dave was instrumental in working with biologist to show just how completely devatating large scale baiting was to waterfowl and waterfowl populations.
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Dave Hall the most famous Federal agent given the credit for cleaning up Louisianna and Arkansas
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">I think he was the one that put a spankin on ol Phil Robertson too!
    80-20 Genaration

I have read Hall's autobiography and it is well worth the read if you like duck whacking.

I have read Hall's autobiography
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Where can you get a copy?
    80-20 Genaration

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

JAB,
    Is this the book you're referring to:

Game Wars: The Undercover Pursuit of Wildlife Poachers

Follow game warden Dave Hall as he works undercover among good ol' boys in Lousiana, Hell's Angels in Alaska and the mafia in New York City
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Amazon (above link) has 3 used paperback copies for $3.77 each.

Barnes and Noble has one used hardback for $15.75.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."