Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: duck hunting shack

This is a picture of the new "duck hunting shack" that me and a buddy built at the swamp

since this picture we have added some windows and an air cond. unit.

1542 wareagle w/ 25 johnson
    1436 wareagle w/ 23 gdlt
    14' bugbuster w/ built 40 hammer
    1648 gdsd w/ 27 gdsd
    1650 polarcraft w/ built 40 hammer
    1848 gdsd w/ 35 gdsd
    1503 super-v w/ built 40 hammer
    1650 Joe Hancock special w/ ????

They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst!

Do I smell Poker Run House Warming Partaaaayy???
    SRS GRHRCH Big Black Dude II MH

DAYUM, THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Have Krylon, will travel....That mofo needs to be bottomlanded in a baaaadddddd way [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

I can't wait to get back home and get down to santee now. Just wish i could've been there to help ya.
    Bloody red or charcoal black, we always bring our pilots back! USMC Crash, Fire, Rescue

Looks good! You boyz should have some good times there.
    80-20 Genaration

Fucked up another duck hunting spot with your Water Trailer did you? I wish DNR would get those ugly pieces of shit out of our swamp.
    Well I was too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't leave me alone.

Originally posted by Boom Boom:
    Fucked up another duck hunting spot with your Water Trailer did you? I wish DNR would get those ugly pieces of shit out of our swamp.
    One never knows when lightning may strike and cause a fire. Sure would be a shame.
    Like to talk Gamecock sports? Check out http://www.gamecocksportsforum.com.

if they float and are registered they are a boat and are legal. if you're talking about the shacks on home ridge, santee cooper burned them not dnr.
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

I don't have as much of a problem with the ones that are kept up. It is the old abandoned ones that are half sunk and windows broke out that are such an eyesore. They do make for good bream holes..
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

The PSA - Santee Cooper - burned what they could find about 25-30 yrs ago - these were the ones in trees or on ridges - had something to do with squatters rights of many yrs ago - Hugo took care of the rest - as far as house boats go the ones that are kept up are fine in my book - the old ones need to go - funny how many of the ones that are complaining on here never go to the swamp - the swamp is a place that has had places like this for yrs - it ain't no Lake Murray - house boats and "cabins" are part of the swamp and have been for yrs - it ain't no "country club" in there. If some don't like it then stick to riding your 4 wheeler around your cute little corn pond.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

First off, I'm not going to burn anyone's floating lawnmower shed.

I just don't understand how someone can talk about saving this beautiful piece of wilderness and at the same time approve of having the place full of eyesores like that thing.

I've spent many nights in shacks on the Combahee in my youth while shad or sturgeon fishing. A few of these old places still exist today and I am glad to see they survived. At least they look like they fit in with their surroundings.

Not like a friggin Home Depot parking lot sale.

Originally posted by Spider:
    if they float and are registered they are a boat and are legal. if you're talking about the shacks on home ridge, santee cooper burned them not dnr.
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">As a registered boat, could they not be considered abandoned if left unocuppied in the swamp over a period of time and hauled away as a salvage?

i think the only way it can be considered abandoned is if you post it publicly and no one responds to your add. then you can burn it, tow it out, piss on it, or raise your kids in it.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Originally posted by Quack Daddy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /><font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Originally posted by Spider:
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">As a registered boat, could they not be considered abandoned if left unocuppied in the swamp over a period of time and hauled away as a salvage? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">ain't gotta clue QD. ithink what costa is thinking about is along the lines of claiming it as abandoned then you have to advertise in local papers and provide proof thereof to dnr to be able to claim it.

What Costa describes sounds right.

I was wondering if they would fall under some maritime salvage laws since they are on a public body of water.

arent the majority of the new houses being put around boat landing and in places where people dont hunt?
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

JABIII - read please - the ones that the PCS got rid of were on land or built in the trees - the houseboats can registered like a boat.
    The old abandoned ones should be removed and no, they shouldn't be put where the ducks might go - bottom line is you're never gonna be in there anyway - doubt if you could even find many places in the swamp anyway.
    Just go back to worrying about the last 2 ducks in there and then tell people how you want to help them - take a breath in between.
    You're still a spoiled little brat that wouldn't know how to kill a duck that wasn't on a corn pond if somebody didn't take you or show you.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

yessir, and dat basturd JAB, he'sa got all his tooths and he'sa got all that fancy skoolbook learning about how to syfer without usin hissown fangers and all too. I seen it mysself.