Thread: St. John USVI

Default St. John USVI

Have any of y'all spent time on St. John, USVI? Any recommendations on lodging? I visited the island several years ago but spent a majority of my time in Cinnamon Bay and on the north end of the island.

Anyone checked out the surrounding islands?

Check out southern comfort charters in St John, they are some good friends of mine and have a very good operation, no fishing, just diving and cruising etc....
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

St. Croix, but not St. John.

get a rental boat, go to the BVI & hit some of the little islands. we rented a house behind Kenny Chesney's place & had a good time.

I have stayed on St. John twice. We enjoyed the Westin, but Caneel Bay resort is a wonderful place. Totally recommend either one.

If you have your passport, there are plenty of options on junkets to the other surrounding areas. Tortola, BVI is awesome.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

One of my favorites. Beautiful place to visit. We stayed over at St. Thomas and took the ferry over. You can rent a Jeep and just drive the whole island. Watch out for the mules though(lots of wild ones all over the island). You'd have to fly in to St. Thomas (no airport on St. John) and catch a boat over. Be sure to eat at Morgans Mango at least once.

Pro tip: spend about $50 and buy ya a good set of snorkel gear before you leave. There's a cool underwater snorkel trail at Trunk Bay. Just don't go on the day the cruise ships are in port at St. Thomas.
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Trunk Bay... watchout for fire coral.. also dont not take kayak near rocks.. sea urchins are HOMO

Quote Originally Posted by UMTduckhead View Post
    Trunk Bay... watchout for fire coral.. also dont not take kayak near rocks.. sea urchins are HOMO
    Hahaha, I had a friend that had a house in St. Thomas, and it overlooked the salt pond. I took my wife down there after we got married. We were sitting on the deck enjoying girly drink when we have an idea to look for shells and such on the reef. I got out there with my flip flops swimming around thinking I was gonna find a fish for dinner. Then I noticed all of those black devil looking balls all around me. I think she about cussed me for talking her into it.

The bar at Megan's Bay used to be owned by a guy from South Carolina. I know it doesn't pertain to the discussion, but I turned that motha out a few times down there.

HS- when i was in middle school took a family trip down there...kayaked around the rocks.. we were in about 2 ft of water floating over about million urchins.. out of nowhere rouge wave rolled the yak, buddy and i did the mission impossible float over the reef... I ended up having to go to the hospital a couple weeks later and have them remove the ones from my heels... JESUS the pain..FUCK an URCHIN!
    Last edited by UMTduckhead; 01-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

That's all I could think about. I was happy about having flops on, and then I saw my new bride walking out. I instantly started hushing her back trying not to alarm her. I knew when right then if one got her our first couple of nights were going to be ruined on our honeymoon.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Getting married down there, should be fun.

The Virgin Island rum is cheap and plentiful... I like the ol standby Cruzan.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.