Thread: Season 1 results

?

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

We had a group down from us that has some young boys. They were hunting just a few hundred yards from their campsite. We talked to them and their dads said that they had to call them in for supper. Those boys stayed in the blind all day long. That is what it is all about. Those boys will remember that for a long time.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

I am demoting myself to single A ball after this split.
    -Day 1-mistake 1, hunted with friends(i'll do the scouting from here on out) no shots fired, only a couple of high flyers, and 3 big ducks lit in the decoys @ 6:01.** it was an awsome sunrise.
    -Day 2- public wood duck hole- no shots fired saw only 5 before LST
    - Day 3- no one to hunt with so took off on my own. Got the boat in the water, put the truck up and ready to take off. The motor would shut down as soon as I put it in gear(lower unit issues, after running it for 2 days straight). Go home and mope all day.
    - Day 4 - ride with some friends to the big river. Finally saw ducks albeit a mile high. We had a killer merg spread and they worked like a champ--

Total: 0 kills. I got to get in some more scouting. I've determined 90% of the people that claim to be duck hunters don't know squat. Lesson of the week: if you want something done right you got to do it yourself.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Duck Master, RB and his little boy got the limit 2 mornings.
    You know that was a happy little fella.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

1/2 box of steel shot.