Thread: Interesting Bill

Default Interesting Bill

Just ran across this article, and thought it was a great idea. Anybody else heard about it?

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...yed-volunteer/

SC bill would require unemployed to volunteer

Associated Press
    Monday, January 9, 2012

13 Comment(s)

COLUMBIA — If unemployed workers in South Carolina can’t find a job in six months, they would have to volunteer 16 hours weekly to continue getting a check under a bill up for debate by a Senate panel.

Sen. Paul Campbell says it’s easier for people to get a job if they have a job of some sort. The Goose Creek Republican says his intent is to match people’s skills with work that needs done in city or county governments and schools.

Campbell says the unemployed would still have time to search for a paying job. His bill is set for discussion Tuesday.

The senior attorney of the National Employment Law Project says Campbell’s bill conflicts with federal law. George Wentworth says it also feeds negative stereotypes of the unemployed.
    Last edited by surfcock; 01-09-2012 at 03:14 PM.

I like it
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

AG Eric Holder will never let it pass. Mark my words.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

good idea.. as BF said doubt it will pass.. It will require people having to actually do something for a check.. NO good in the libs eyes..

It will also legitimize many endevors that should not be recognized. How many of these "volunteers" will be cleaning trash off our roadways vs. How many will be doing "volunteer" work at ACORN, NAACP, DNC,etc. You gotta remember the law of unintended consequences. These people are EXPERTS at milking government coffers for their own benefit. Do you really want these groups receiving MORE of your tax dollars through free labor?

What sounds good on paper rarely translates to reality.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Good idea but would end up costing more money. Some appointed fat cat would get paid big bucks to "manage" the volunteer work

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I like the idea of people on welfare for over 3 years with 2 kids getting castrated too. But no one else seems to like it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Sounds like a damn good idea!

Why would they want to work period? Don't let me start on this subject.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Why would they want to work period? Don't let me start on this subject.
    Not all. My dad has been out of work for a while. He would do what ever he could for a job. Thankfully he started a new job today. Mama said he was like a kid at Christmas this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I like the idea of people on welfare for over 3 years with 2 kids getting castrated too. But no one else seems to like it.
    Whachoo tauking bout willis? I concur.

Good idea but it'll never pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You missed it Wolf. Trust Me. Good for your Father!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I know what yall were saying and I agree for the most part. And he would have had no problem with doing volunteer work. At least it would have gotten him out of the house. Just make sure yall say 99.99999999%

Those who abuse the system have no desire to work. Unless you count drug dealer and poping out kids for more money work.

Most everyone so far seems to feel the same way I do. This is a great idea in theory, but ain't gonna happen. If it did who's to say they don't just volunteer with some ridiculous organization. There's so many organizations they can volunteer with I don't think they'd need new people to manage their work, but they'd need to hire a few people to enter it all into their database and keep track of it. Either that or they'd computerize it, but that leaves the system open to being exploited and folks just entering in volunteer hours and not actually doing them.

BTW, Wolf congrats to your father! Finding a job right now really is no small feat.