Thread: SCDNR

trigger Coots

South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.

Department of Natural Resources.

Natural Resources.

Natural.

What we have is a joke. Our DNR is failing to either protect or enrich our states storied outdoor heritage.

At which point do we begin to look back at what we had only a few decades ago and say "HEY" where has it all gone?

Why don't we catch big striped bass anymore? Where are all the white bass? Why can't we kill wild mallards? Why do we lag behind in Boone and Crocket records? Why can't we have smoker dove shoots? The list goes on and on.

Since the time following Governor Campbell, SCDNR has become a pathetic shell of a department. Game wardens are untrained and slack. Equipment is shoddy. Salaries are a joke.

Many biologists are ranked among the worst in their classes. Key personnel have fled to greener pastures and to get away from political pressure.

Why? Why is our Department of Natural Resources such a joke among state and federal wildlife agencies?

Why have we allowed this to become so?

Do we not care more about our natural resources than that?

Obviously not.

The routine practice of placating wealthy campaign donors by awarding them boardships and committee appointments is ruining us.

I saw a television show the other day where our very own SCDNR Board Chairman is releasing ducks. Take a good look around folks. The enemy of all Natural Resources is running the show. Count those DNR Board members who slouch to shooting tame animals for sport even as DNR's of other states are outlawing the disgusting practice.

These people don't care about our Natural Resources! They can always buy more!

I am sick and tired of SCDNR. We must defeat Mark Sanfraud in the next election and demand that South Carolina's natural resources get the attention that they so assuredly deserve.

only when a govt has money does it concern itself with nature.

Can I get an AMEN! Trigger you nailed it. DNR is a joke. That is all you had to say.
    When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Yes, He has disappointed me with the DNR appointments. Otherwise, I think he has done a pretty good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

And another AMEN!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Trigger, while I agree with 99.9% of what you wrote, you have the wrong guy. Mike McShane, Chairman of DNR Board does not release tamies.

You can't say that about much of the rest of the DNR Board.
    Well I was too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't leave me alone.

I disagree with 99.9% of what you've said. Fish spun a great phrase in the bluefin post about "the tragedy of the commons." That is what is on display in this post in a big way. Your legislature is the most important player in wild game management in this state. They reflect YOU, the people that put them there and let our government exist in it's current form. Sanford and DNR shouldn't be held accountable for what the legislature controls. Until you elect people that want to hand the management over to our people that are qualified to manage wildlife, YOU, the average SC outdoorsperson will get what you ask for.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead