Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baiting regulations...WHY???

You could stand more sports in the cornfield than in the 300 square foot area. I believe that both could provide some rather lively gunning though...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I understand what your saying LCS but when you have 20 people hunting 30 acre it is basically the same thing.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Crippler, I just can't stop staring at your avatar... Hotness!!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Corn = kill zone hmmmmmmm?
    More fuel = more boost!!

S&A Sometimes I catch myself doing that same thing! [img]graemlins/nutz.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whacko.gif[/img]

Just right click on Crippler's Avtar and set it as background for a minute to get the full effect

As for the corn argument you got to get the recipe right:

Pouring water in Corn = LEGAL
    Pouring corn in water = ILLEGAL

Once you get it down, its simple.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

yall need to stop talking bout my girlfriend

Is she on the left or the right?

left = [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

"Baiting", which is placing any substance that constitutes a "Lure and attraction" in areas where migratory birds may be hunted, has been a violation of Federal Law since around 1918 when the Migratory Bird Treaty Act was passed. The state of SC adopted the wording of the federal law into state law not too many years later. The real issue at debate seems to be whether, after planting a crop, it is legal or "ethical" to hunt over it and by further extention, whether hunting over a standing grain crop is comparible to hunting (shooting) over an area (hole) where grain has been scattered or dumped.
    Tilling the land, planting and fertilizing a crop, maintaining enbankments and water control infrastructure, at the very least, implies some exercise of stewardship of the land. If a person owns or leases the property, pays taxes on it and makes the investment of effort and cash by managing the land and producing a standing crop, why should it be thought that he should be denied the use of his land either to harvest the crop or to harvest game over it?
    I think there is a huge ethical (and Sportsmanship) difference between that and simply scattering a sack of corn around a hole in the swamp or in the marsh for the purpose of taking a "Limit" of ducks.
    The underlying complaint here seems to echo other issues previously discussed on this site that always seem to reflect the "haves vs the have nots" mind set.

Mudmarshall,

Did you get that information I mailed?

I would have sent you a pm but you must have denied pm's when you set up your profile.

That girl on the left has an exceptional figure. I mean sculpted, toned, in shape...ooops gotta go....
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Originally posted by *Crippler*:
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">You need to blow that up. I can't see it... Or else I am going blind.
    Will Rogers

Originally posted by *Crippler*:
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Don't worry....they aren't.

CATDADDY: I did get your information and I thank you for it. I am following up by trying to obtain further information on the issue such as the USFWS paper on the released bird issue. There is a lot to learn on this subject and I would like to weigh in mainly on the facts and try and be light on opinion. I think that it is an important subject and I intend to treat it accordingly. I would opine that it may be quite some time before I felt comfortably educated on the subject to parade out an article on it. Be assured, however, that I am studying it closely. Thanks for your contribution to the effort.

I was not trying to compare "corn ponds" with this! My thought is this...other than the refuge at Santee and the private "corn ponds" and the occasional WMA state run areas, etc.there is not much attraction for ducks in this state as far as food goes! How can we expect to attract and hold migrating waterfowl with nothing but these relatively small scale areas? If we were allowed to bait, atleast there would be a more abundant food source for migrating ducks as well as the residents.
    Is there an organization in this state that actually is promoting and improving waterfowl habitat? In SC other than at the ACE basin??
    \"The problem nowadays is you boys just ain\'t got enough cock and balls\"

yea, and then there would be no more ducks if you are sitting there "helping" them out with supplemental food (bait), then you kill them, that will really help the situation
    \"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote\" <br />Ben Frankln, 1759