Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Banded Mallard

If you are defending releasing ducks to shoot, or to use as live decoys, then you arent worth another keystroke....
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I do find it interesting that most on here will bash release ducks, but I don't hear much about release quail. Normally, the first agruement is quail don't migrate, but what about the native quail population? Does releasing quail hurt the native ones? How about fish? Does releasing striped bass hurt? or how about redfish? or what if our GA did not restock our whitetail deer population? how has that affected us?

Like I said before, most people do not realize that ALL types of wildlife have been released : ducks, quail, fish, deer, turkey, etc.

So, I do not bash the releasing programs, BUT I agree on how the wildlife is hunting after being released. For example, the live duck thing, or if you fish right beside the release boat, or shoot a deer as it comes out of the crate.
    Last edited by FHF; 12-29-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I would love to hear some of your thoughts on the past restocking/releaseing programs.

FHF,

Have you ever seen one of these operations? If you have then you would understand. If you have and are still arguing for it then you are lost and there may not be hope for you.

You are grasping. Go hit yourself in the head with a heavy rock.

Wildlife releases are performed by biologists.

Restocking per se, works for fish. Introducing pen raised birds, like quail, does pose a risk of disease but differ greatly from waterfowl. Ducks congregate. They mass up in small locations. Disease will run rampant and infect them all. Quail, if a lost, diseased bird manages to escape predators, figure out how to feed itself, and somehow links up with a covey...then all you lose is a covey. Not thousands and thousands of birds.

Reintroducing deer was done before CWD was known of. And, there are also plenty of high fence operations where you pick your deer out of a photo scrap book and pay your $10k to go shoot him. Same type of people who do that, justify "reintroduction" of waterfowl and I wouldnt piss on either sort of person if they were on fire.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningGold View Post
    edited by 2th for a reason
    Nice...
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 12-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Jay, If you are talking about a "tamie operation" then YES i have seen it, and it is not for me. Yes, I have done it in the past but do not anymore. I feel the same about release quail, I have done it because I enjoy watching the dogs work. Also, I have been to Kansas and shot pheasant, Kansas has a big pheasant restocking program. I have no desire to shoot a pen raise deer (high fence), but alot of people do. I also, have shot some turkeys and glad they stocked and relocated them years ago, that applies to whitetail deer too.

I have always said a hit dog hollers. Based on that FHF is a tamie shooter and/or drinks and is buddies with tamie shooters.

You'll have better luck pushing water up hill with a stick BB. Tap out before your eye starts to twitch.

Trapping and relocating WILD deer and turkeys and trying to compare that to shooting tame ducks is rediculous and as BB said, grasping.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-29-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningGold View Post
    dadgum how many times did y'all quote this thing?
    Unless you are a faggot then you like me.....HAHAHA!!
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 12-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.

You'll have better luck pushing water up hill with a stick BB. Tap out before your eye starts to twitch.
    You are right, I should have stopped with the "."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I have always said a hit dog hollers. Based on that FHF is a tamie shooter and/or drinks and is buddies with tamie shooters.

Trapping and relocating WILD deer and turkeys and trying to compare that to shooting tame ducks is rediculous and as BB said, grasping.
    Oh so you can turn other wildlife out and it is ok, but a duck is just different. That is funny. What is ridiculous is yall think only about 15k ducks are released in this state per year.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Unless you are a faggot then you like me.....HAHAHA!!
    Do you speak English?...did you really crack yourself up with this line? Glenn is right, you're way too stupid to argue with. Have a nice day and be sure to wear your SCWA bands proudly around your lanyard.
    Last edited by BrowningGold; 12-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

"I am one of those "unsportsman pond owners" and I promise I have done more for wildlife that most of you will ever do."

Your are an arrogant sumbitch aren'tcha?

You think your shit don't stink, and are right about everything dontcha?

Your bullshit spewing comparing released quail, and relocated wildlife to released pen raised ducks, shows me that you were brainwashed years ago(when you admitly were releasing the shit stained bitches).

Then you make sure to say "if it wasn't for us tamie releasing bastards, noone would kill ducks at the lake"

Gimme a break you rich, arrogant POS.

Those fucking ducks were coming here long before you started planting and flooding corn.

BB & Glenn, I am alway up for a good discussion.

BB, you are a wrong about quail. A quail covey will break up during mating season. This is a natural way to help prevent inter breeding within a covey. So, in theory, if an infected bird is alowed to infect a whole covey then the infection will be spread over the whole population due to the spring break up. So, over time all birds can become infected. Of course this is based on theory. Normally nature has a way of curing itself, so nature will normally take care of any infected bird. Bird will die.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    Oh so you can turn other wildlife out and it is ok, but a duck is just different. That is funny. What is ridiculous is yall think only about 15k ducks are released in this state per year.
    No whats fucked up is your are a part of those tamie releasing bastards, and fucking proud of it. That deer you shot last year was probably bought and paid for too. I hope your mama is proud.

What is ridiculous is yall think only about 15k ducks are released in this state per year.
    Actually, what is ridiculous, and really should be criminal...is that no one really knows how many ducks are released each year.

This is about science to me, more so than ethics. Ethics are situational. Not much interpretation left to science. It is what it is. You are talking about apples and kiwi's if you compare a reintroduction of an animal with a range of 30 miles max, and something that can and will travel 30 thousand miles in it's lifetime.

My eye is starting to twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    "I am one of those "unsportsman pond owners" and I promise I have done more for wildlife that most of you will ever do."

Your are an arrogant sumbitch aren'tcha?

You think your shit don't stink, and are right about everything dontcha?

Your bullshit spewing comparing released quail, and relocated wildlife to released pen raised ducks, shows me that you were brainwashed years ago(when you admitly were releasing the shit stained bitches).

Then you make sure to say "if it wasn't for us tamie releasing bastards, noone would kill ducks at the lake"

Gimme a break you rich, arrogant POS.

Those fucking ducks were coming here long before you started planting and flooding corn.

I guess you still think the Atlantic flyway has just as many ducks as it did years ago. You need to go back and do a little research before you make too many more post about this.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    BB & Glenn, I am alway up for a good discussion.

BB, you are a wrong about quail. A quail covey will break up during mating season. This is a natural way to help prevent inter breeding within a covey. So, in theory, if an infected bird is alowed to infect a whole covey then the infection will be spread over the whole population due to the spring break up. So, over time all birds can become infected. Of course this is based on theory. Normally nature has a way of curing itself, so nature will normally take care of any infected bird. Bird will die.
    Most people releasing the damned quail release what they are going to shoot immediately, and kill 99 % of them too.

you don't have an argument. the foxes and the fireants will take care of that 1% if it don't starve in the first 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Actually, what is ridiculous, and really should be criminal...is that no one really knows how many ducks are released each year.

This is about science to me, more so than ethics. Ethics are situational. Not much interpretation left to science. It is what it is. You are talking about apples and kiwi's if you compare a reintroduction of an animal with a range of 30 miles max, and something that can and will travel 30 thousand miles in it's lifetime.

My eye is starting to twitch.
    YES, I do agree with that. There should be some count on the numbers that are released and where.

I do know that hundreds of thousands are released every year in SC. Yes, I am friends with and know many people who do release ducks. Like I said before, it is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    No whats fucked up is your are a part of those tamie releasing bastards, and fucking proud of it. That deer you shot last year was probably bought and paid for too. I hope your mama is proud.
    What you just said in that post shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. So what ever you say is a load of BS.