Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weldbilt Crawdad

I'd have to have the full floor but that thing looks awesome!!!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

sheet of alluminum and some self tapping screws and you would be done
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I see this every time I hunt tidal water. No wonder they have to shoot at ducks in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Here he is, LOL!

Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

How does it handle any chop?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

its a light, backwater rig. That being said, i would take it out cross the lake on a windy day, you just gotta be careful. As with any boat
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I like that lil rig! I do believe thatll be my next purchase

Sorry for hijacking, bit that Springer looks good phoneman. I ended up keeping one of the pups myself.

Thanks for the pics Phoneman. I just found out yesterday that I'm being promoted after the first of the year. Not sure if that means they are going to transfer me next year or not. If I get to stay here I'll be selling my War Eagle and picking up one of these little rigs with a 12hp Copperhead on it. It'll have the rear pods, full floor, and once I get it I'll have a pirogue rack welded into it. Should be perfect for what I do and I'm sure t won't be hard to sell it if I need to before I move!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Is there enough room on that bow plate for a foot controlled trolling motor?

yes on the trolling motor. And b.brown, he is a mess. He is a mommas boy. He got a spankin a little while ago. knocked my spit bottle all in my seat of my truck

Great looking ride Phone ... I c u have the 15 on there what is it rated for ... and great lookin paint job as well ... how many skerls you kilt out of it
    "Good thing these bitches float" - 295PRO

************************************************** ******************************

2012 SCDUCKS Bream World Champion
    Riverhawk B-60 Procaster w/ 25hp Merc
    Tide Craft w/ 25 hp Johnson
    Stoeger M2000
    Kent Fast Steel

its commercial rated. The 15 is perfect. a 25 would be a little scary but fun. It would take away from the lightweight if i had a 25 on it though. Aint got any blood in it yet.

Where is a dealer that sells weldbuilt, I really like the crawdad.

Phone, can you pm me info on where you purchased it and any other important info for finding one. Thanks and nice rig!
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Backwoods landing in Alabama 1436 crawdad $1295

That price with or without trailer?

did you pick it up or have it shipped? If so what were shipping costs?
    Last edited by white quacker; 12-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

FYI there is a guy across the river in Elberton GA that sells weld built boats also

$1295 was without the trailer. Check out the website. All the sizes and prices are listed for the boats, trailers, and motors.

I travel back and forth from Alabama every two weeks if you guys need me to pick one up for you. The phone man dropped me off a ghenoe when they came to pick their boats up. By the way, you have to show me how to make that "natural" paint job!

I hope this works. The YouTube video is of a 1436 Weldbilt Crawdad with a Baker Racing built 6.5hp Copperhead mud motor running 25.2mph. Obviously not a normal rig but I liked the way the hull looked on the water regardless of the motor on the back.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdDTFF_cPVY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
    Last edited by Ring King; 12-27-2011 at 08:33 PM.