Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weldbilt Crawdad

Default Weldbilt Crawdad

Anyone own one, had one, or looked at one in person? Wondering about the hull weight on a 1442 or 1542 model. Thinkin that one of them with a 10hp Copperhead might be a fun little rig to own, and just lookin for info.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

i've got one. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! have 1436 with a 15 merc. 27mph by myself. 24 with 2 of us. Very stable for as little as it is. I have not used my xpress this season since i got this. Way better than the gheenoe! Very light, high sides. does slide a little, but very controllable. I'll get you some pics tommorrow.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

PS, it is the little boat that i have been waiting for. Went through many to find the one and this is it! Everyone that has ridden in it has wanted one!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Well I guess I won't be riding in it!

RK You know it takes a lot for phoneman to like and keep a boat. He has done nothing but talk good about this rig since he got it.
    Phillipians 4:13

sell the mudrig and get ya one
    Last edited by Phone Man; 12-23-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Backwoods Landing is selling them as package rigs with the Copperheads. They look pretty sweet. Not sure I like the sides being so high, but I guess I'd get used to them. Are they fairly light compared to a standard jon boat of equal size?

The other boat I've been looking at to pair with a Copperhead is the Phowler Sneak Boats. They are more of a dedicated duck rig but on the plus side they have a slick bottom and longitudinal ribs.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

and the phowlers are twice as much. If you put a copperhead on a crawdad, it would go anywhere. If you got stuck, you could drag it. Mine probably weighs 200lbs with motor, battery and gas tank. The high sides are nice

A 10 hp copperhead on mine would probably run almost as fast as my 15 merc. If i had the 1442, i'd put the 12 copperhead on it. I want a 6.5 for mine, but i just bought a new four wheeler 2 days ago, so motors and boats are o no go for awhile
    Last edited by Phone Man; 12-23-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Default copperheads

owned a 6.5 copperhead, sweet little motors. do not get a 10hp tho. the 12 hp is the same weight and has a good deal more torque and its much more expensive.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Phone I want pics as well!

just looked at backwoods site. pretty cool little setup there. just over 6k isn't bad for a complete rig either. Gotta respect them for not workin saturdays durring duck season
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by WetReed View Post
    Phone I want pics as well!
    Here he is, LOL!

wrong boat tater, nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    but i just bought a new four wheeler 2 days ago, so motors and boats are o no go for awhile

Your wife will be happy!

I'm looking forward to seeing and riding I the boat in a few weeks. You need to drag it up here and go hunt up here
    Phillipians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    wrong boat tater, nice try though.
    Sorry, but that picture cracks me the hell up

Those boats look exactly like what I want...I mean exactly. Maybe someday I'll be able to have a boat just like I want before I'm old and cripple.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Sorry, but that picture cracks me the hell up
    he's got some great camo doesn't he?

And that Golden is old. I like the pic.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have doing it wrong for all these years? I should put the decoys right beside and almost under the boat.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

here you go.