Thread: I Love It!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default I Love It!

I was at another forum where a bunch of liberals hang out. One of them posted this video with this quote as the the title:

'The complete lack of humility for nature that's being displayed here is staggering -Dr. Ian Malcolm
    '

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pV7d32BfBQ[/ame]

Then someone with some sense made this comment. The liberals don't know how to handle it. One of the best comments I've seen anywhere online in a long time.

I'd like to give a different perspective on this. It is precisely because of the behaviors displayed in this clip that we as a species have risen to dominance. As animals, we are not very accomplished. We have one physical advantage that I'm aware of, which is that we can run extremely long distances due to our bipedal structure and sweat organs. That's it. Running. Not a very solid basis on which to climb the food chain. However, we have the ability not only to adapt to our surroundings but to consciously assess them and force them to adapt to us. That one quality has pulled us up from spears to arrows to guns to lasers. It is why we can face a full attack by one of our most feared ancestral predators from inches away and laugh.

The people in this clip are not just a bunch of apes ignorantly curious about a danger they don't understand. Rather, we have intentionally engineered the entire scenario so that the danger to us is enclosed and nullified. Those people aren't happy because they don't know that the lion is dangerous. They are happy because they know that we have eliminated the danger from lion encounters.

And it is through this quality--if any--that we will continue to maintain and improve our place in the world. In the same way that we recognized and removed the danger of lions, we must recognize and remove the dangers of pollution, absolute war, famine, and so on. Our problems will not be solved by a return to nature: we've been there, and it's not a good place for us to be. Rather we need to be more civilized so that some day our children can laugh at things like global warming and nuclear armageddon the way these people laughed at that lion.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 12-13-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Pure logic will stumble those who live on emotion every time.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Sometimes you really do want the lion to win, not on the kids but the stupid ass parents and people that think the way they do.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Pure logic will stumble those who live on emotion every time.
    This X2!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

A good response to what was written:
    ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
    I'm so glad to see content like this. I've been trying to put this in perspective for years. I will take one exception to what you've written, however:

We have one physical advantage that I'm aware of, which is that we can run extremely long distances due to our bipedal structure and sweat organs. That's it. Running. Not a very solid basis on which to climb the food chain.
    This. This is not something to take lightly or to simply throw aside like it's an unintentional or insignificant advantage. Homo sapien sapien is capable of running for a longer distance than any other animal on the planet (including horses.) Our species became a dominant alpha predator long before gun powder, archery, or steel because of this.

The use of the most primitive weaponry you can imagine, the ability to run, and the ability to wield (not master, yet) fire combined into the most effective and dangerous predatory animal this planet has ever seen and allowed us to begin hunting (to extinction!) animals far larger and seemingly more dangerous.

You mention that the solution is not to return to nature but to further modify our environment. We agree, but not with the premise that 'we've been there and it's not a good place for us', because you're right, we were there... and we absolutely dominated it to the point where we now house lions in glass cages for our children's amusement.

Even now, a modern and civilized man is still the most dangerous animal on the planet when stripped of all his clothing and modern inventions and placed back in nature. We are the only species who does not understand this salient point... the rest of Anamalia flees from us (or, like the rattle snake evolves to hide.)

We are so dominant that we are changing how other species behave (on a biochemical!) level.
    ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 12-13-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Here's the thread if anyone wants to read it. There's some interesting points being made. You have to scroll down a ways to get past all the kiddies making noise to get to the meat.

Site