Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wader help!

Default Wader help!

So I got a pair of the Cabela's Dry Plus Breathable waders yesterday as an early Christmas present and I'm not sure that I like them. 1st of all I need a smaller size, ordered 12 but gonna need an 11. 2nd is the shoulder straps. How do y'all that have them like the straps? They ride up on the back of my neck and there is no more adjustment in the straps. I'm 6'2" 215# and they seem to tall for me. My inseam is 34" so my next question is should I go with the stout size 11 to make the waders shorter?? Any thoughts??

I just got the same ones before the season started. So far I like them okay. Easy on and off and fairly comfortable. Only issue I have is they are a little tight in the crotch. I am only 6' but I guess I've got a longer torso so there in lies the problem maybe. It's not that bad and overall I am pleased for now. We'll see how they hold up and how I like them after a full season or two. I don't know the answer to your question about the Stouts, but I did get a boot size smaller to start with.

I know some more of y'all have these waders.

Pharmhunter how do you like the shoulder straps? I'm not sure how I feel about them ridding up on my neck.

before you trash them see if you can exchange them
    Last edited by firemedic; 12-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.

id get a new pair, cant stand hunting in waders that dont fit

I definitely ain't trashing them. I only tried em on in my living room.

What pattern did you get? Can you take a picture?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I got Max-4. They are on their way back to Cabela's.

I've had Cabela's breathables the last three seasons. Love 'em. Never had a problem with the straps. Don't know if they've changed the design.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Never had a problem with the straps but like PharmHunter, mine have always been a little snug in the crotch. Doesn't bother me when I'm standing but crouching or crawling is a bit tight. Aside from that I've been very happy with mine. I was worried originally about the durability with the thinner material but I've been pleasantly surprised. 4th season in all kinds of briar laden timber and not even the first sign of a leak. Took a few runs to get the straps adjusted to be comfortable but once dialed em in, it's like slippin on a worn out pair a jeans now.

Waist high waders are the shit. Just don't wade deeper than the top of the waterproof part. Buy some wader pants..fleece works well.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...=LM-%2094-2517

These get good reviews.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 12-13-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Realized I have the First Flight and not the Dry Plus. Completely different strap design. The Dry Plus straps do look kinda awkward.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

I actually just replaced my lacrosse breathables this week with the Cabelas Dry Plus and I love em.
    They are a little tight in the crotch being 6'2" and 215# but I was on my knees for about an hour in em the other day and no complaints.
    Once you go breathable, you'll never go back to clammy neoprene in my opinion!
    Not crazy about the straps but I have no issues with em other than they gotta come loose to piss....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 12-18-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I actually just replaced my lacrosse breathables this week with the Cabelas Dry Plus and I love em.
    They are a little tight in the crotch being 6'2" and 215# but I was on my knees for about an hour in em the other day and no complaints.
    Once you go breathable, you'll never go back to clammy neoprene in my opinion!
    Not crazy about the straps but I have no issues with em other than they gotta come loose to piss....
    What pattern did you get?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

realtree.... it is all they had in stock for size 11
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

10-4, do the boots run big?

they're a little roomy but snug..... they feel good

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    . My inseam is 34" so my next question is should I go with the stout size 11 to make the waders shorter?? Any thoughts??
    Don't get the stouts, I am 6' 235 and the size 11 regs from cabelas fit perfect. The stouts are for big boys, 48"+ chests. They should exchange them for you just make sure you clean them if they are dirty.
    "Fun hipster shit is just poor Latino shit from 10 years ago"

Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up getting the size 11 stout and they fit pretty good. I'm 6'2" 215# and the only bad thing I've noticed is the stouts don't come up as high but no big deal. The straps are better though.