Thread: Guys you better wake up...

How many remember the old SDH days when the waterfowl committee began ringing the disturbance bell. This group claimed disturbance was the problem with waterfowl in the South Carolina.

The solutions they recommended were "buffer zones" and state-wide (except for private lands, of course) closures.

This attempt to make Carr and Little Carr part of a WMA is version 2.0 of this previous political ploy to take away public hunting opportunities to to improve private land.

If they are such great waterfowl managers why do they want to take away our hunting opportunities?

You guys better wake up or plan to sit home and play Nintendo while the corn pond boys are duck hunting.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Originally posted by Rubberhead*:

This attempt to make Carr and Little Carr part of a WMA is version 2.0 of this previous political ploy to take away public hunting opportunities to to improve private land.

If they are such great waterfowl managers why do they want to take away our hunting opportunities?

<font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">I think you are correct Rubberhead. I've had a change of heart. This is not the DNR but our own Waterfowl committee. I agreed with this idea at first but now I see it for what it really is. The first attempt to take away public waters. This first example makes you feel good because it is to protect a public area(Samworth). So it may well have had limited objections.

Somebody is trying to set a precedent for the next round......which will only benifit the private landowners and take away public land from the public

I also think the private plantation owners have started playing the blame game for the downfall of the duck numbers. Their smorgusboard doesn't seem to be working now so they need to blame someone.

Like I said in an earlier post.....they are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to SC problems. They can't fix a problem that they can't identify.

And I say this as a private land owner and hunter....not a public hunter who is paranoid.

Damn Cat, seems like we object each other alot, but you is on de money brother!!

Now that they ain't shootin on the 50,000 dollar ponds dey is gonna blame us timba hunters.
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck