Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Customer Service

Had a similar experience earlier this year but didn't quite get as good a deal as you.

I had ordered more than $500 worth of soft non-toxics in the early autumn. They were not as advertised. Cabelas refunded half my money noting that if I didn't like they way the shells performed, they'd refund the other half.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

JAB, You must be a "black card" member.

My only bad experience came by way of a wrong order.

The part they listed was X, the photo they had of the part was X. The part description was X. They shipped Y. I called to advise them of it, and they said that they were out of X and Y was part of the drop down menu on the order form. I told them I didnt want Y. They said to ship it back, I said ok, but it says that it is going to cost me $X amount to return it.

I never did get my shipping costs to or from back. Totaled about $23.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I reckon that I just inherted some shell. If the shells show under the Christmas tress, something is gonna die!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Cabelas brand waders are the shizzle. Hands down better grade shit than any of the "name brands".
    I have the Cabelas "lady" waders = instant butt lift & tummy tuck! Warmest gear I've ever worn.

SERIOUSLY: Cabela's has AWESOME customer
    service!
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

That sure is a purty puppy in yer avatar......

Miss Vikki,

Have you ever considered botox?
    Last edited by Tater; 12-10-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They sent me 2 boxes of oatmeal chex in my last order. I'm sure it was a marketing stunt, but they don't sell cereal. They were damn good too.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

They are pretty solid there. I had a similar instance in which I ordered coot heads and they sent me the wrong stuff and quantity...Big problem was I didnt realize until about 36 hors before I needed em... If I recall they sent the right stuff using 2 types of shipping to make sure I got em in time and just told me to keep em both, in addition to the initial wrong shipment...pretty cool on their end....
    You can grow up to be just like me....

nice. wish i was that lucky

might just have to give them a try next time i have to order something

Corporate Cabela's customer service is excellent also!

Black Card is the only way to travel.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

No complaints about Cabelas. When you call, a person, not a recording is on the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by quackdaddy View Post
    No complaints about Cabelas. When you call, a person, not a recording is on the other end.
    And they all have a yankee accent.

Meaning, it is not a Patel on the other end of the line.

Just to add my .02 and repeat everyone else their customer service is top notch. I've had to return a few items over the years and they haven't even hardly changed words. I've got a gift certificate I'm getting ready to use tonight and hope to continue doing business with them.

Had some stuff I had ordered sitting around the house unopened a year and a half after I ordered it...called they said send it on back, full refund on all items. I still curse that the Cabelas North Charleston deal was killed....

EVery time I've called and talked to them I've asked them where they were. Nebraska. They ain't yankees. They're westerners. A whole different breed. Good folks.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

I think every corporation and small company in America should duplicate their customer service approach. Every time I hang up the phone with them, I'm more impressed. I had them shop pricing for me online and send me to a competitor as they couldn't beat their price. I bought a pair of pants from Bass Pro where they forgot to sew pockets in them. You would have thought I talked crap about their momma the way they treated me when I called to return them. Had a game vest from Cabellas and tore it on a barbed wire fence outside Billings, MT a few years ago, went in the store between hunts and they exchanged it for a new one, no questions asked (even though I told them it was my fault and I would buy another one). When it comes to customer service, Cabellas and Chic-fil-a (sp?) have it figured out. I try to make it a point to give compliments to these type companies whenever I can, cause it's almost a lost attitude in business. Compare them to your cell phone or cable company and it makes you want to not pay your bills and go beat someone in the local store.

Miss Vikki,

Have you ever considered botox?
    Asshole That gal is lucky she's not breathing scabs.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

Great customer service.

I ordered a trolling motor from them this spring and the prop shaft was bent. No visual damage to the box. I called them up, talked to an actual person, and a new trolling motor was on the way. No hassles. It was at the house in 2 days.

You could tell their mission was to make me happy. They succeeded and I have bought from them since.