Thread: Yet another phone thread

Default Yet another phone thread

So I had a nice little house fire at work yesterday, but I had my blackberry in my pocket. Not the first time, but this time it decided to die.

I think I've pretty well narrowed it down to an android and I have Sprint, so that means Evo or Samsung. I've been playing with the wifes Evo a little and I think I really need a keyboard. Does anyone have the Evo Shift? And if so, do they make a decent case for it? I saw an Otterbox Commuter, but it doesn't have a holster. I'm pretty rough on phones, so is the keyboard worth the trade-off for having a tough phone/case.

My wife has the shift and she likes it a lot. I have the Evo 4g and I like it better because it is thinner because of no keyboard and the screen is a lot bigger. The otterbox for the Evo 4g is durable as hell and I abuse my phones.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Evo 4 vs Samsung Epic. http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-6452_7-774.html Same boat here. Sprint customer deciding between these 2 and I phone. Hate to lose my old free and clear plan with 5pm nights. I noticed the plans for the iphones includes the $10 data upgrade fee in the monthly cost. The others phones show a $10 cheaper monthly rate, but the small print requires the additional $10 so the monthly rates are actually the same. It looks to me like Sprint has the best plan prices for high data use since it is unlimited.........for now. Sprint claims this will not be a problem down the road, but competitors are claiming there is no way they have enough bandwidth to keep this up in ther future. Also Sprint is unlimited to any cell phone. I believe the other guys are only free and unlimited on thier own network.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain