Thread: Unlocked Iphone on Tmobile

Default Unlocked Iphone on Tmobile

Anybody have any experience running an unlocked iphone on Tmobile? How much trouble is it? I understand I won't have 3G speed, only EDGE speed, but that's fine I won't access much data at work and I'll use WIFI at night at the house.

And has anyone bought an unlocked/jaibroken iphone off ebay? Any advice there?

Thanks guys and gals.

I've never used a unlocked/jailbroken iPhone on tmobile, but I have used a jailbroken iPhone with ATT. I didn't have any problems with it at all.

With the iPhone 4, you have to buy a special sim card call the "gevey" to unlock it. I'm not sure of you lose the unlock when you update the software though.

I wouldn't worry about it.

What you should do is get rid of sorry ass tmobile. Lol
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." -Robert E. Lee

is all that you want to be able to do is use wifi? DO you have an iphone or are you wanting to purchase an unlocked one?

No I don't have an iphone yet. I saw a news report a few weeks ago how tmobile had over a million iphone users so I started investigating some. All of them are using jailbroken/unlocked iphone from att. So I was wondering how much of a pain it was to keep the system up and running - I guess you can't update a jailbroken phone? And I realize apple just released an unlocked iphone but I don't necessarily pay $600 for a phone.

As far as just using wifi, if I had to I would but tmobile has some very cheap data plans and I would try to run that if I could(although I realize it wouldn't be 3G speed and I would be on their EDGE network).

And I would think about leaving tmobile but I've got an old suncom plan that I've had for nearly 10 years that is far cheaper than anything on the market today so I hate to leave.

You can update a jailbroken iPhone. You lose the jailbreak and you'll have to do it all over again. But I know of some people that rarely update their phones and they don't complain.

No matter what phone you use T-Mobile will still be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by cdpsc19 View Post
    You can update a jailbroken iPhone. You lose the jailbreak and you'll have to do it all over again. But I know of some people that rarely update their phones and they don't complain.
    That makes me feel a little better about the whole deal...

Don't get a 3g or 3gs. They will eventually (if they haven't already) quit updating the software for them.

If you're gonna get one get a 4 or a 4s. Make sure the 4s can be unlocked first. I'm sure it can though.