Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's talk about it!

Oh and Nab, don't short change yourself. You are as stupid as they fucking come.
    Well I was too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't leave me alone.

I've read through this thread twice and I don't see where anyone is promoting anything that could possibly be to the detriment of the public hunter. I don't really have a dog in this fight....don't care one whit about the refuge or Sparkleberry...but it seems to me that there are some here so blinded by misconception, envy and good old fashioned ignorance that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

Show some real support for the refuge and I'll be on the bandwagon about the swamp being a WMA.
    Do ya'll think the refuge is not needed?
    None of you know a damn thing about the swamp as it is today - not sure some of you even know what it used to be - hell, some of ya'll never even seen a mallard eat an acorn in the swamp - you still don't get it - there is no pressure in the swamp - guess the deer hunters have 'em all run out - that's still the best one I've heard yet.
    Hell, there's 200 corn ponds around the damn swamp and 90% of them have live decoys on them - most of these ponds have been built in the last 15yrs - and you don't think those damn ducks draw the wilds birds? Well the ask the people who put 'em out what one of the reasons is they buy them are. If you don't think they draw them then you are stupid.
    Now, since all the name calling is done I hope and since it seems that there's mostly FF officers talking about this I pose the question once again - will the FF openly and aggressively support the refuge as part of the overall plan.
    And CD, don't ever accuse me again of teaching my kids or anybody elses to roost shoot ducks.
    And since ya'll think trying to get rid of the tamies is a dumb idea then don't ever badmouth them again either.
    DT or CD - tell me your plan.
    DT - almost forgot, you keep saying it's not public/private but you forget when we tried to get some real food on the refuge you were the one crying at the meeting over at SCWA about that not being fair - I think you said it wouldn't be right having the private landowner competing with the goven't.
    Now come on and tell me your plan.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Why you guys continue to try to teach logic to this chimp is beyond me. Every year the same guys come up with some ideas to make things better only to be shat upon by the stupidest mother fucker out there. Quit debating this twit and make your plans around him. Everybody knows Nab is a crackpot and it is time that public hunters stand up and tell this fruitloop to shut the fuck up and let somebody that knows something about ducks work on the issues.

Nad what do you know about ducks besides how to pour 50 pounds of corn out of a bag or shoot 30 minutes after shooting time? Not one damned thing.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY cares what you think Nab! If we need an opinion on how be a rubberhead then we will give you a call.

boom boom you don't know shit about me so you can kiss my big white ass.

Oh I know you Nad.

I know you are the one that year after year stands in the way of any meaningful progress to try to help.

I know that you are the one who has the least experience with ducks but run your mouth like you have a clue.

I know that you are the one that acts like the big swamp rat duck hunter but then you never produce.

I know that you are a mean spirited jealous old fool who couldn't manage a duck if his life depended on it.

I know that you are the one willing to cut the public duck hunters own throat if you thought it would hurt a corn pond owner.

I know you Nad. You are the worst thing about SC public duck hunting.

The refuge, the SCDNR,and the SCWA are three different groups. You will never come up with a plan that is dependent on coordinating those three group's wishes......or two out the three for that matter.

In other words planting and spreading corn on the refuge, ridding SC of releasing ducks,and bringing in WMAs are separate fights and need to be kept that way.

I have no problem with doing all three..........just one at a time.

I for one was also in favor of afternoon closure as a method of immediately eliminating 1/2 of all hunting pressure on the ducks. If I'm not mistaken, you are one who was against it because you thought kids should still be exposed and the afternoons were the only week times available.....thus increasing the opportunity for shooting after hours.

You are correct in the fact that all the impoundments have taken ducks from the swamp.........Hell, they have taken ducks from each other. The well managed ones have ducks....the ones that are shot every week don't.
    Wonder how many they would have if they shot it everyday?

Years ago we had plenty of ducks.........enough for the lake,the swamp,Two rivers,and others. They could take the pressure because we had plenty of NEW ARRIVALS weekly. Now adays we don't have enough to go around.

Close the east side of the swamp down(except for 1 day per week) from the tressell up for THREE YEARS and if it doesn't help.......repeal it. You will also have a good close comparison accross the river and below the tressel to judge the decision by.

As far as getting rid of tamies........with the SCDNR SURVEY including the tamie question......and getting that kind of response(60% in favor of it) was the kiss of death for achieving anything within the state. You can wish all you want,cry,or throw a fit........but it's over. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF STOPPING RELEASES IN SC AT THIS POINT.
    You need to realize that and move on to more productive things.

Boom Boom, you are mighty confused.

DT - maybe having them on the refuge - not being hunted - is the best thing right now - they need that place of safety. If planting and putting out corn cut my hunting out for a few yrs, but was proving to increase ducks numbers coming and staying I would be all for it - you speak of sacrifice then there you go - the ultimate sacrifice as you once called it - a few yrs back when JAB baited his place and didn't hunt you called it the ultimate sacrifice - I'm all for giving up hunting for a few yrs to try and improve the situation we have today - are you?
    I really can't worry a whole lot about what goes on above us - don't have alot of control over that - but I can try and do something around here.
    So once again, here's my proposal - turn the swamp into a WMA, but do it as part of an overall plan for the future of duck hunting in this state. And no, I can't make 'em come, but I bet we can sure as hell make the ones that do come stay and hopefully increase in numbers in yrs to come.
    Are you willing to give up some hunting opps for the betterment of the future?

i know this is gonna sound like a real stupid ? but where/what is two rivers? ive never heard of it, but it could just be because im a youngin
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

and my $.02... i dont know if its because of our low state funding or what, but i think that we should do something like louisiana. 1-plant refuges, all of them. 2- why couldnt we have a place like catahoula lake. it stays dry until duck season so they can plant whatever they want and then it is flooded. and im not talkin about a 50 acre corn pond. i mean a rather large body of water. they have the ducks, lots and lots of them. there is more food in that lake than those ducks could ever eat. and there is a refuge close by. i know we have the land, i think we do anyway. i realize its a different flyway and all that bullshit, but we HAVE had jam up seasons. not since ive been alive, but they have been here. if you build it, they might not come right away, and they might not come at all. but atleast then we can say that we tried.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

tradorion Coots

2Rivers is JAB's slice of SC Duck Heaven... private property- well cared for.

I say this every year about this time. When we had ducks in the 60's we had less hunters and a 3 bird limit. We don't have ducks today and we have a 6 bird limit. What kind of brain surgeon does it take to figure out what's wrong here? Until we start conserving the resource so the females can return to the breeding grounds and produce more ducks, things ain't gonna change.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

Originally posted by quackaddict:
    if you build it, they might not come right away, and they might not come at all. but atleast then we can say that we tried.
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">[img]graemlins/iagree.gif[/img]

I think that is a point well taken by many.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I'm with y'all. Won't hurt to try.

"When we had ducks in the 60's we had less hunters and a 3 bird limit. We don't have ducks today and we have a 6 bird limit. What kind of brain surgeon does it take to figure out what's wrong here?"

It's all about tamies. Try to push a one mallard limit in S.C. and the tamie brigade and their friends in the legislature will show their clout.