Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you support a ban

tradorion Coots

Wow- the boy can actually tell when it is proper to use affect vs. effect and yet ain't got the since God gave a billy goat and goes with words like "IMPACTFUL" which means a little something like this according to http://buzzwhack.com/buzzcomp/indgk.htm

impactful, impactfulness: Two contrived words created by folks who obviously felt that the word "impact" needed a little extra "oomph." Examples: "The two companies are forging an impactful strategic alliance." "Entries will be judged on their overall effectiveness and creative impactfulness."

T

Originally posted by duckduckdog:
    Banning spinners in SC isn't going to help anything. We don't kill anymore duck because of them. The birds that are drawn to them are usually the juvenille birds up north. BAnning spinners in SC solves nothing.
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">Well, then you shouldn't have a problem with banning them since you are sure they don't work.

I mean, why use something that doesn't help?

Look for Illinois and Iowa to come out shortly with their 2005 ban.

Suits me. And if it WILL put the pressure on the northern tier states, we might wanna step on it!

I think it should be not just spinners but flapping wing ducks as well as anything electric powered. If I had an electric swimming duck I would use it but I think that anything electric should be illegal.

I also think it should be illegal to set up pumping systems to keep holes open in "frozen" ponds for the purpose of waterfowl harvest. That has to be more deadly than baiting.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Didn't say I had a problem with banning them, just don't think that it is going to help anything. I think the biggest problem we are having with getting birds here in SC is the weather and the refuge systems farther north. Birds move when they are uncomfortable. All long as it is not to cold, they have plenty of food and a place to rest, they are not going to migrate any farther south than they have too. Ban them in SC or not, its just not the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Ban'em
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.