Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: manipulated grain fields

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    How much do you reckon it would take to buy, I mean add, the extra 10 days per year that all of the other states get to hunt ducks each season?

however much it would cost you to pay off trad to not bust you.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-20-2009 at 01:52 PM.

A lapdance at the dollhouse then?

tradorion Coots

show some damned respect BoyO.... its THEE not THE

and it was 22 summers ago right about now that i had my first ever lap-dance in that fine establishment LMAO!!

Why is it "wrong" to bait other than because its illegal? All the great Atlantic Coast duck clubs baited. Were they immoral? The fact is that its not allowed anymore because ducks couldn't standard the harvest level given the current number of hunters that would bait. Its a management decision, nothing more. The standard excuses, such as "its unnaturally concentrates ducks and disrupts normal movement is pure BS and obviously applies just as well to corn ponds.

And I don't think its illegal to put corn in public water. Please provide a cite.

tradorion Coots

GMAC- depending on the location there are specific laws that directly address feeding/baiting on public waters such as on Lake Murray.

In other places there are general guidelines such as the placing of bait and impeding another's lawful hunting that could qucikly see you in court for throwing corn in public waters during duck season.

Federal law now provides for a fine of up to $100,000 for the person who PLACED BAIT that was hunted over by anyone. It was part of the deal that was struck that eliminated Strict Liability from the code of laws.

yeah, but they gotta prove in a court of law that you placed the bait, or knew it was there at the time the hunt took place.

scenario:

jim and joe ride up a little creek off of blue river.
    they come to a slough at the end and flush 300 birds about a hundred yds ahead of them.
    without venturing further, they turn around and head back to the ramp all tickled pink.
    the next am they show up at 4:15 to "hold the hole" and await daylight.
    shooting time comes, they bust their limit and trad shows up within 10 minutes.
    he leads them 40 yds past where they were shooting and shows them roughly 500lbs of the good stuff sitting in a foot of water.

i would hope jim and joe walk.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

jim and joe would be under the jailhouse not walking

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    jim and joe would be under the jailhouse not walking
    In the old days, yes. Not now. Strict liability is no longer the law of the land.

The burden is now upon Law enforcement to prove that the hunters knew or reasonably should have known that they were hunting over bait. With a very few exceptions that means to get a conviction Law Enforcement must get one or more of the following 3..

A. See them placing the bait
    B. Apprehend them within sight of bait
    C. Obtain a confession

In the old days they just had to catch you hunting over bait and you were deemed guilty by law. We lost many of our best Federal Agents to the new law as they found it to be nearly unenforceable. In the decade since Strict Liability ended, they have come up with some pretty interesting new ways to getcha. Ain't technology grand....

So, is it baiting or not?

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    OK- I AGREE WITH NAB- (oh shit, did i really say that??) about the dove thing (which bleeds over to the duck thing a little i guess). I grew up hunting top sewn wheat. When they went over to the new "federally approved" baiting laws "those who can" are now allowed to put out more food than those who top sewed wheat were EVER allowed. Tell me that was not a product of having the "ability" to influence the right people...

Layman's solution- BAIT BAIT and MORE BAIT. Allow baiting. top sewing, and any other method of feeding that a creative mind can come up with. Then adjust the price tag:

Unplugged shotgun? $1,000.00 thanks for playing
    Every bird over the limit? $500-$1,000.00
    Late/Early Shooting $500.00 for every 5min over
    Lead Shot? $1,000.00

ya'll get the point. level the field- let EVERYBODY feed em up good and proper and then hammer the ass of those that don't play by the other established rules.
    Bump
    Last edited by NO FLY ZONE; 12-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Yes JAB, it was baiting then and its baiting now. Corn on water or water on corn matters not.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Wow I can't believe this thread is still alive after nearly 4 years...
    It was nice to see some of the old names again though.

my farmer took some, then it got too wet to get back in there.

amazing, really....the timing.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I've read some of it.
    Makes me wish I still had access to some of the property I had when I was growing up.
    Damn this getting older crap.