Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: manipulated grain fields

WOW! I can post anything about corn fields, and the WATERFOWL MANAGERS get pissed. Ya'll are so predictable. its like women fighting over a soap opera!

Boggy, you haven't made a single post worthy of serious consideration since you first found this website.
    Feeling good\'s good enough...

WOW! Aren't you cool!

Who is it that is pissed BH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

lotta feathers being ruffled.
    WAMPUSKAT, STICK TO SHOOTING YOUR MERGANSERS AT BENNETTS POINT. IVE SEEN NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE FROM YOUR POSTS!
    i was talking about DT's ramble about electricity from a plant, and JAB's ramble about making all man made impoundments illegal. and the "hunting ducks in the timber is the easiest" remark. well bud ducks don't eat trees! maybe they do at two rivers, but hey, i am not a "WATERFOWL MANAGER"
    I simply posted something an elder hunter that has been hunting the santee before the lakes were built, said. it made since to me. and as far as my beliefs go. i think that hunting over standing corn should be illegal, not harvested fields. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING SPECIFIC!!
    But fellas, any person of intelligence can see that CORN and WATER together is baiting ducks, whether its legal or not. i flood fields for birds, and this year held close to 3000 ducks, but i don't shoot my fields because they are sanctuaries. can anyone disagree with a relavant reply that CORN and Water together is not baiting?
    if so please reply.

Easy boys, Nab-lite here thinks he is playing hardball when his fastball is lighting up at about 15mph...

"can anyone disagree with a relavant reply that CORN and Water together is not baiting?
    if so please reply."

Yeah how about this, slick...

From the USFWS (the only opinion that matters)

What Is Baiting?

You cannot hunt waterfowl by the aid of baiting or on or over any baited area where you know or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited.

Baiting is the direct or indirect placing, exposing, depositing, distributing, or scattering of salt, grain, or other feed that could lure or attract waterfowl to, on, or over any areas where hunters are attempting to take them.

A baited area is any area on which salt, grain, or other feed has been placed, exposed, deposited, distributed, or scattered, if that salt, grain, or feed could serve as a lure or attraction for waterfowl.

The 10-Day Rule

A baited area remains off limits to hunting for 10 days after all salt, grain, or other feed has been completely removed. This rule recognizes that waterfowl will still be attracted to the same area even after the bait is gone.

Waterfowl Hunting on Agricultural Lands

Agricultural lands offer prime waterfowl hunting opportunities. You can hunt waterfowl in fields of unharvested standing crops. You can also hunt over standing crops that have been flooded. You can flood fields after crops are harvested and use these areas for waterfowl hunting.

http://www.fws.gov/le/HuntFish/waterfowl_baiting.htm

Have a nice day...

[img]graemlins/nopity.gif[/img]

I know what the law is JAB.
    but im talking about personal feeling towards the idea. do you not feel in your heart that food used to attract waterfowl (that did not grow naturally) is somewhat wrong?
    maybe not, its fact that we were raised differently (none better, none worse) but i personally feel that food used to attract waterfowl for hunting purposes is wrong.
    if you disagree than that is fine by me.

Here is a great site you will really feel at home at Boggy- www.peta.com

lol! thats good JAB.
    I'll leave this one for the birds.
    fun arguement though, i enjoy it, hope you don't take it personal... i sure as hell don't!

Good thing you don't take it personally when you get your ass stomped, shag hole.

cutdown

Originally posted by bog hole:
    I know what the law is JAB.
    but im talking about personal feeling towards the idea. do you not feel in your heart that food used to attract waterfowl
    <font size="-1" face="verdana,arial,helv">What is this? The Gayduckhunters.com?
    Well I was too young and pretty and the whores wouldn't leave me alone.

duckman, you may know more than i do, and im not trying to say that you dont, but i dont see anywhere on the SCDNR site that says it is illegal to bait waterfowl. it says that it is illegal to take or attempt to take waterfowl over bait. i have also had a GW tell me that you can put corn out all that you want, but the second you come close to it with a gun or within 10 days of it being gone, you're illegal.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I agree Nab, but is making money off ducks considered a "normal agricultural practice"?
    That would be the only reason to flood harvested beans.

That was the point.

CD - just about as much as flooding an unharvested corn field is.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

"CD - just about as much as flooding an unharvested corn field is"

Forunately for the ducks, it isn't required to be... [img]graemlins/bait.gif[/img]

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

You can bait on private land all you want - can't shoot it! LOL The key words are "public waters" - the state Legislature passed this and not at the request of the DNR! JAB is correct! When the Feds revised the strict liability law pertaining to baiting - they added the conspiracy charge that will hurt a rich man and kill a poor man! It would take a real fool to bait public waters in SC and risk the conspiracy charge.
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

I know one thing, corn planting season is right around the corner. Damn if time doesn't fly after duck season...

There is usually a great deal of expense involved in flooding any ag field. Many simply won't hold water and some that will won't hold ducks. Contrary to what some folks around here THINK, adding water to a grain field does not necessarily turn an area into a waterfowl paradise.

Very well said kat - we keep hearing about all this new habitat that the tamie operations create - what alot don't know if that if they didn't put the tamies there alot of those places would never hold many wild birds so how is this new "habitat" helping?
    Flooded fields/ impoundments whatever need to be in the right place - something even JABIII has said and then unsaid and said again.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!