Thread: “Delta Waterfowl Made A Difference”

HammerTimeâ

“Delta Waterfowl Made A Difference”

A couple of months ago I titled my column manuscript “The Beginning of the End.” That column was based on critical changes proposed on the method used to distribute the money generated from the sale of Canadian Duck Stamps. The program used since 1984 had come under fire and some groups, including at least one non-profit waterfowl group, had wanted the distribution system changed.

After reading through the original press release Delta Waterfowl had sent to me, titled “Delta Waterfowl Opposes Proposals To Kill Canadian Duck Stamp”, I was appalled by the proposal on the table. I guess the title of that column spoke of how I felt about the proposal and the affect it would/could have had on our waterfowl seasons in the United States. At best, adopting the proposed changes would have been devastating to some of the programs offered to Canadians and put the money right in the hands of large corporate conservation interests.

I felt it was a time for waterfowler hunters to come to the front lines and speak out. To support Delta Waterfowl, in a united effort, and head off the actions backed by some of the large corporate conservation interests and it paid off. While I’m almost certain there were other organizations that stood up in the fight against the proposed changes, to the best of my knowledge, Delta Waterfowl was the only waterfowl organization that sent out the press releases warning of the changes and opposing them. Since the proposals have been turned down, I would venture to say some other organizations would be jumping on the bandwagon … looking for credit. Nevertheless, we as waterfowl hunters have

Delta Waterfowl to thank for standing up for what was in the best interest of their members.

No matter how you look at it, the distribution system wasn’t broken and while it may not have been perfect, we have seen the liberal season framework for several consecutive years. With duck numbers up again, something is working and working well. With your help and support, Delta managed to come to the front lines and stood up for us again. “Delta Waterfowl Made A Difference” and with your support they can keep on doing what they do best … representing the best interest of waterfowl “hunters” throughout North America.

Charles “HammerTime” Snapp
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

[img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

Stop... Hammatime!
    Delta in a nutshell:Breeding grounds+small wetlands+big blocks of grass cover+predator removal+nesting structures+enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!
    Visit http://www.DeltaWaterfowl.org

Delta does not mind getting it's proverbial knuckles bloody.

I am still on the fence as to whether this is a good thing or a potentially bad thing in the long run, given Delta's relatively low membership.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton