Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rubberhead Update...

Private landowner...

I think turkey's are dumber than shit...

Bless it I don't know where I fit...

You fit in with the bowhunters HS.
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Where's the % for santee?
    “We as a group now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live
    in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do
    something about it.”—Ron Paul

Rollin, the hyper poster in this thread is one of our Chefs. We have several amateurs and one professional. Highstrung should/could be a professional chef, but he drinks too much. Refer your food questions to Foie Gras. If he doesn't show, Highstrung would be your next best bet. I've never had a dish of his, but he purty's em up quite well. If you have a question on drinking, he's your man. He's also a pretty laid back moderator.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Awe, that was sweet. I cook for joy and not for money. If I had to cook for a living I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Rollin, the hyper poster in this thread is one of our Chefs. We have several amateurs and one professional. Highstrung should/could be a professional chef, but he drinks too much. Refer your food questions to Foie Gras. If he doesn't show, Highstrung would be your next best bet. I've never had a dish of his, but he purty's em up quite well. If you have a question on drinking, he's your man. He's also a pretty laid back moderator.
    Thanks for the info! This forum is very helpful. It has just about everything on here from drinking to food to hunting and lets not forget the fishing. Thats about all the important things in MY life.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." The late great General Patton

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." General Robert E. Lee

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice."

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    You people have lesser of an attention span than a 25 cent goldfish.
    This is by far the funniest and most creative thing you have ever said. This is funny shit. I need some Rock n Rye so I can have fun pulling crab traps. I'll come by monday.

Bogster you forgot the 1% of the members that are on here that are just simply full of 'chit
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Here's the real run down: 10 percent of the members of here are SC residents that hunt almost exclusively out of state. 10 percent are local guys who hunt and kill a mess of ducks in SC's coastal plain, 10 percent are private landowners, that share true knowledge from successful management, but naively think their management practices that are successful on their small farms could be templates for bodies of water the size of Lake Marion. The other 70 percent is made of college kids just starting out hunting ( but certainly can't let that be known ), older guys who don't hunt much anymore ( but love to tell anyone born after 1971 how they'll never know what it's like to kill ducks) , newbies with claims of years of experience as transparent as a wet white tshirt, guys that have been hunting ducks for a decade or better and still can't pull off a successful big duck hunt, so they claim to love divers, guys that actually love divers, guys that couldn't tell a duck from a bald eagle, doushbags that just love to run their mouths behind a keyboard, people couldn't kill a cockroach with a newspaper, but chat on this site because they want to be a part of something, weekend wood duck swatters, embarrassingly stupid rednecks, turkey hunters, and food critics...........welcome to SCDUCKS.

And then there are about 5 of us that are just displaced South Carolinians and stick around so we won't feel so lost and lonely being all the way across the country from home.

*and it's douche, not doush
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I just don't know who I am anymore...

early season report:

killed 3 woodies this morning and a bufflehead.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    the season aint started yet
    opps... disregard previous post.
    Last edited by duckduckdog; 11-17-2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.