Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rubberhead Update...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    the season aint started yet
    No and with the season closed it is going to be a LOOONG winter!
    Phillipians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Furman View Post
    Many will be dissapointed to find out that I deleted the "Rubbaheads Found" thread. When I originally posted it I figured it would receive a few good laughs, someone might recognize the truck and personally give the guy a hard time. However, I never intended it to turn in to an all out bashing of the young lad. As I stated before, all of us have done things while hunting that we probably are not proud of. Running ducks off public land with a mud motor is a crappy thing to do; however, worst things have happened and it is certainly not worth a full public outcry.
    Im not sure if the fella identified ever read the thread or not. I realize that most the damage has been done- but please fellas if you see the guy around don't be a jerk to him. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes and sometimes you get called out for it. I'm sure we all have a little rubberhead inside of us- who's never shot a hen merganser? or showed up late to the ramp? or blown your duck call to loud? or shot at birds that were a little to high? or scared off a few ducks while scouting? Anyway, not supporting any of these activities but the fact is we all love to duck hunt- we just have different upbringings and different ideas on how to do it. Sometimes we make mistakes and sometimes a guy with a zoom lens camera is there to catch you... (no homo)
    So this Saturday when the season opens, let us try our best to dampen the rubberhead inside us so that everyone around us can have an enjoyable hunt. When you think about making a rubberhead move, think again. And for those who are unaware of proper duck hunting etiquette, perhaps you can give them some guidance.
    Everyone have a great opening day, ill be hunting a private beaver pond off the upper lake and doing my best to suppress the rubberhead inside me that wants to shoot that merganser that flies by at first light

Campaign for a Rubberhead-Free SC 2011
    That's the gayest post ever! What a wuss. The guy needed his balls busted, no cut off!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    That's the gayest post ever! What a wuss. The guy needed his balls busted, no cut off!

X2

Quote Originally Posted by rollincoal843 View Post
    So can anyone lead me to the thread where they talk about the preseason duck report?
    quit internet scouting for those threads and find them your damn self!!!

found 8 dead blue wings thrown by the boat landing today. prob the same guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    quit internet scouting for those threads and find them your damn self!!!
    Oh i found them, in fact in the impoundments a few hundred meters from the computer im typing to you on lays several hundred birds. i know exactly where they are and each year they are getting better. im just trying to find out how the rest of South Carolina is doing. what is the reason you are in this thread then???
    Last edited by rollincoal843; 11-15-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammer
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." The late great General Patton

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." General Robert E. Lee

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice."

For the same reason everyone else is. I'm bored!
    and that was a joke in case you missed it. "Internet scouting for useful threads"..... you actually thought I was serious?

In honesty i didn't know. This is my tenth post and i have heard from other members that you have to have "leather skin" to stick around here. I am new to this place and i was just talking just as you were. Wasn't trying to be rude. I guess I am just curious about how well this season will be.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." The late great General Patton

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." General Robert E. Lee

Leather?? No! Try more like diamond plate. These SOB are fucking cruel and mean. And never never never put "I wasn't trying to be rude." Its like sharks on blood. They smell it from miles away. Good luck!!
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by 295PRO View Post
    Leather?? No! Try more like diamond plate. These SOB are fucking cruel and mean. And never never never put "I wasn't trying to be rude." Its like sharks on blood. They smell it from miles away. Good luck!!
    I'll be at the store all day Friday.

I am new to this place and i was just talking just as you were. Wasn't trying to be rude.
    Duuuuuuuuuuuu-dun-duuuuuuuuuuu-dun-duuuuuuuuuu-dun-duuuuuuuuu-dun-duuuuuuuu-dun-duuuuuuu-dun, etc, etc, etc...

I guess I am just curious
    Dude...I would go around telling that shit unless you are loud and proud.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'll be at the store all day Friday.

Which one. Dekalb or Broad?

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Broad, my office is there. I'll be away around noonish everyday for my lunch, but other than that I'll be there. Broad is 521 by the way, come on by and I'll show you around.

Sounds good!

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by 295PRO View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Broad, my office is there. I'll be away around noonish everyday for my lunch, but other than that I'll be there. Broad is 521 by the way, come on by and I'll show you around.
    HS--sell 295Pro some good bourbon and tell him to bring it this weekend.

(at least this way, I get something out of this deal)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    HS--sell 295Pro some good bourbon and tell him to bring it this weekend.

(at least this way, I get something out of this deal)

That's why I'm going to see him.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

I have a fridge full of beer. Miller lights in a 16oz can. I can bring them also to help y'all out.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

In honesty i didn't know. This is my tenth post and i have heard from other members that you have to have "leather skin" to stick around here. I am new to this place and i was just talking just as you were. Wasn't trying to be rude. I guess I am just curious about how well this season will be.
    Here's the real run down: 10 percent of the members of here are SC residents that hunt almost exclusively out of state. 10 percent are local guys who hunt and kill a mess of ducks in SC's coastal plain, 10 percent are private landowners, that share true knowledge from successful management, but naively think their management practices that are successful on their small farms could be templates for bodies of water the size of Lake Marion. The other 70 percent is made of college kids just starting out hunting ( but certainly can't let that be known ), older guys who don't hunt much anymore ( but love to tell anyone born after 1971 how they'll never know what it's like to kill ducks) , newbies with claims of years of experience as transparent as a wet white tshirt, guys that have been hunting ducks for a decade or better and still can't pull off a successful big duck hunt, so they claim to love divers, guys that actually love divers, guys that couldn't tell a duck from a bald eagle, doushbags that just love to run their mouths behind a keyboard, people couldn't kill a cockroach with a newspaper, but chat on this site because they want to be a part of something, weekend wood duck swatters, embarrassingly stupid rednecks, turkey hunters, and food critics...........welcome to SCDUCKS.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Am I the food crtitic...