Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a RUSH!!!

I caught some tresspassers on our property Saturday night. I was leaving to come home after hunting and saw a car pull off on the side of the road right in front of one of our access roads. I drove on past over the hill and turned around. When I came back the car was gone so I turned into our road, as soon as I did a set of lights turned on and started coming my way from inside our property. I kept my brights on so I could identify the occupants. As I pulled straight to them he tried to pull around me into the field but I cut him off. I pulled up beside him and he starts yelling at me "Can I help you?"
    I said you sure can, how about telling me why you are on my property? He says he had to pee. I told him he was on private property and he needed to leave and not come back. He agreed. Little did he know he had a .40 pointing straight at him 1" below the window. I wonder what I had pointed at me from their vehicle. There were 3 occupants in the car.
    I reported it to the President of our club and he said he had seen the same exact vehicle a few weeks ago pulling out of the same road.
    Crack heads is what I figure. But man I haven't had the shakes like that in a long time...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

makes ya feel alive doesn't it Mirro?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

crackheads [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Originally posted by artdevilish:
    crackheads [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Always hiding out from "The Man".
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There are just a few things in this life that are worth dying for. Your land is one of them...

It was definitely a scary encounter, but I had the only other member on the property at the time in route and standing by on the phone in case the shit hit the fan. Thankfully it didn't!!!

Try rolling up on to the back 40 and finding an encampment of skinheads at 12:30am, tents pitched, on your land. The pucker factor was large. 20 or so of them and just JPC and me. I still think they were hiding some kidnapped girl or something the way they were acting. Could have just been cooking meth....

no thanks... I'd be waiting for backup!!!

Jab is an ole school gangsta, mirro.
    Were they aware they were trespassing Jab?

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Could have just been cooking meth....
    I've seen bad things happen when good folks run up on a woods meth lab. We should all be careful. IF you are going to approach, try not be be alone. This will sound cheesy... but know in advance HOW you will approach suspicious folks. Work as a team. Get a little separation between you and your partner(s), and, in case things go south, be aware of where cover is.

One term I have heard that describes personal survival is "have a plan in mind on how to kill everyone you meet". Not being overly dramatic - just be aware. Condition Yellow at least.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have yet to meet anyone who admits to "being aware they are trespassing" but I didn't give them much time to talk about it. I was scared shitless that JPC was going to lay the lead skinhead down because he kept refusing to show me the hand he was keeping behind his back despite several orders to do so. (dingfuck turned out to be hiding a can of Busch Light, if he only knew...) Had it gone that way, we would probably not have fared well. I can do without that kind of excitement, how about you Mirro?

I hear ya... I had to pull out my .270 on a pair of potential perps at the Hess on Elmwood 2 weeks ago... a black dude came to the front of my truck to distract me and the white dude tried to open my passenger side door... I just happened to have gone straight to work from the deer stand and still had the rifle in the front seat.
    It was amazing how that fucker just kept trying to pull down my window with a .270 pointed at him and my insistance that I would splat his ass... finally I just hit the gas. I am still not sure how I missed the one in front of me.

Funny part... the white one came into the ER to get narcs the next night and I recognized him but CPD said that I had "no case"... typical.

Very good points Rat. I put JPC on the rifle at the truck which protected me from the leader and maybe one more as I strolled into the herd. After that I was toast. Projecting fear of the unknown while maintaing a "I won't fuck with you if you don't fuck with me" attitude seemed to be the best way to achieve my goal of getting them the hell off my property as quickly as possible.

Your attitude is everything when going into these situations and they all call for a different approach. Sometimes you have to be a screaming lunatic asshole but mostly you just have to be nice but firm. Do what you say you will do, don't make empty threats, and prosecute the ones that are prosecutable.

And oh yeah, if you can, try to put a big mofo in between you and your adversary to take the first punch if it comes down to it. Squatty420 for instance... [img]graemlins/lamoo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lamoo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lamoo.gif[/img]

Originally posted by JABIII:
    I have yet to meet anyone who admits to "being aware they are trespassing" but I didn't give them much time to talk about it. I was scared shitless that JPC was going to lay the lead skinhead down because he kept refusing to show me the hand he was keeping behind his back despite several orders to do so. (dingfuck turned out to be hiding a can of Busch Light, if he only knew...) Had it gone that way, we would probably not have fared well. I can do without that kind of excitement, how about you Mirro?
    Agreed on the fact that they will NEVER admit they are wilfully tresspassing.
    And AGREED on being able to live the rest of my life without that kind of excitement.
    I was feeling pretty good about the fact that my buddy was on his way to me until I found out a little later that he hadn't heard me tell him where I was.

SSF's house got broken about three years ago right before Christmas. His wife walked in with their twin girls and realized one of the bay windows had been busted. He was about 2 seconds behind her and sent her to the car and locked the door behind her. Leaving him and the potential perps in the house. Luckily the crooks were gone, because his .357 was thumbcocked and ready to bang with no escape route.

About six months after that, his alarm went off on a friday I didn't have school. So I rolled the S-10 in on 2 wheels with St. Stephen's finest po-po 100 yds behind me. I ran in the back door with the benelli and a cold chill hit me like a brick bat. What the fuck am I gonna do when this POS tries to hit me with a toaster? Turns out, SSF's father in law hadn't shut the back doors very well the Sunday before and the wind blew them open. That cops eyes were as big as the moon when he saw my jean shorts and barefeet jump out of the truck with the scatter gun.

But mother damn what a rush. I guess law enforcement and our military know this feeling all too well.
    Kill em all and let the Game Warden sort em out.<br /><br />\"she was like- shut the F up go back to throwin that dick\"<br /><br />QDMA= Quantity of Deer Murdered Annually

Did you just say you were wearing jorts??? Luck the cops didn't shoot you...

Originally posted by mirroman:
    Did you just say you were wearing jorts??? Luck the cops didn't shoot you...
    wait til Sportin gets ahold of this yahoo

Hahahhaa. I just threw that in for shits and giggles. But it woulda been a lot cooler If I did.
    Kill em all and let the Game Warden sort em out.<br /><br />\"she was like- shut the F up go back to throwin that dick\"<br /><br />QDMA= Quantity of Deer Murdered Annually

Originally posted by WC's feather duster:
    That cops eyes were as big as the moon when he saw my jean shorts and barefeet jump out of the truck with the scatter gun.
    [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Too many Magnum PI episodes on USA lately eh?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton