Thread: is it paleo

Default is it paleo

to eat a whole chicken for lunch?

since starting about 2 weeks ago, im down 11lbs and feel much better with a lot more energy.

ive even restricted my beer consumption to only Game day.
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

Had you thrown in some veggies you would have been even better. You still get the :cyberfistbump:. Get your grok on.

Had Waffle House last night and it was ~100% paleo (top Sirloin, 2 eggs, three slices of mater instead of hasbrowns and some water)
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-04-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

hadnt been to the store yet this week, only had a white potato so i went all meat.
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

Had 3 skrawberries and an apple for brakefast
    Had used veggie soup with deer burger for lunch veggies=carrots okra onions and some greenbeans
    supper will be grilled chicken and grilled peppers n onions!
    Oh and water with each meal plus 3-4 liters during the day!

Grok Out!
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 11-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.

These 38 waist jeans are about to fall off of me, done had to move to the 4th notch in belt. I can just about take the jeans off without even unbuttoning them. Just a matter of time before I'm back to 34-36. Ideal weight is 180.

Another thing I have noticed if I am hungry and go back to my old ways, I get sick as a dog in no time flat. Example, yesterday morning decided to hit Bojangle's for breakfast. Sausage, egg, cheese biscuit, bo rounds and a mtn. dew no big deal right? Bullshit!!! Wasnt 10 minutes after I ate I was in the bathroom sick as a dog. Thought maybe it was bojangle's, this morning had Chik-fil-A same damn thing sick as hell. If you listen to your body it will tell you what to eat. Last night had the Waffle House and wasnt sick at all and ate Paleo.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-04-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

When I started this adventure I weighed in at 222.5, I dont remember what day I began getting Paleo. This morning I stepped on the scales and they didnt say "get off me fatass", they said 211.5. Day by day and pound by pound.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    These 38 waist jeans are about to fall off of me, done had to move to the 4th notch in belt. I can just about take the jeans off without even unbuttoning them. Just a matter of time before I'm back to 34-36. Ideal weight is 180.

Another thing I have noticed if I am hungry and go back to my old ways, I get sick as a dog in no time flat. Example, yesterday morning decided to hit Bojangle's for breakfast. Sausage, egg, cheese biscuit, bo rounds and a mtn. dew no big deal right? Bullshit!!! Wasnt 10 minutes after I ate I was in the bathroom sick as a dog. Thought maybe it was bojangle's, this morning had Chik-fil-A same damn thing sick as hell. If you listen to your body it will tell you what to eat. Last night had the Waffle House and wasnt sick at all and ate Paleo.
    You might want to not eat that greasy crap and grab a carton of little debbie Christmas tree cakes. They are good with milk or coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Good progress guys. Stick it out.

And those Christmas tree cakes are good. I'll have to use a cheat day in a couple of weeks to knock a few out.

Eat a couple while standing, ...not so bad....Just dont eat them sitting down, as they count more.

Is this a low-carb diet----I need to lose some lbs as well.
    Never been on a diet but need to start soon.
    "Preach the Gospel everyday; if necessary, use words."

http://desertcrossfit.typepad.com/Paleo_Food_List.pdf

It is not a diet per se it is more of a lifestyle change. Print off the 6 page pdf file from above and that will help you lose weight.

Do you grok guys drink beer? I"d love to try this diet, but I also love my beer. Is it okay to do both?
    Bah! Humbug!

I'm on the move as well. I weighed in this morning and the scale read 244lbs. I'm still easing into it but it's definitely working. The belt is getting more loose each week. My 38" jeans are going to be retired here shortly. Looking to get down around 225lbs. Hopefully me camo will last through the end of duck season!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Do you grok guys drink beer? I"d love to try this diet, but I also love my beer. Is it okay to do both?
    I would rather skip the beer and eat little debbies

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    yeah... but you have to switch to mich ultra and budlight lime

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Example, yesterday morning decided to hit Bojangle's for breakfast. Sausage, egg, cheese biscuit, bo rounds and a mtn. dew no big deal right? Bullshit!!! Wasnt 10 minutes after I ate I was in the bathroom sick as a dog. Thought maybe it was bojangle's, this morning had Chik-fil-A same damn thing sick as hell. If you listen to your body it will tell you what to eat.
    Probably got sick from eating all that sugar at once, Mt Dew has enough alone to make a person sick especially if you've been having no sugar. Getting sick alone from the biscuit just ain't right though. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I'm glad you guys are losing the weight but for the life of me I don't see how ya'll don't eat a biscuit every know and then. I've lost 50lbs this year from just cutting out soft drinks and most sweets but still eat what I want, just don't pig out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Probably got sick from eating all that sugar at once, Mt Dew has enough alone to make a person sick especially if you've been having no sugar. Getting sick alone from the biscuit just ain't right though. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

I'm glad you guys are losing the weight but for the life of me I don't see how ya'll don't eat a biscuit every know and then. I've lost 50lbs this year from just cutting out soft drinks and most sweets but still eat what I want, just don't pig out on it.
    Cutting out sugar and grains isn't just about weight loss. That is only half of it. The stuff is poison.

what exactly is paleo?

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    what exactly is paleo?
    www.robbwolf.com

Go nuts.