Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field Dressing a Hog

Default Field Dressing a Hog

Do you guys field dress hogs the same way you would a deer? Do you do it before loading it in your truck?

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

So you can help the buzzards find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Nah, just gut shoot them and they'll run off somewhere else and die. Should you be unfortunate enough to kill one, drive at a high rate of speed dragging it behind and find a ditch on the back of the property and sling the sum bitch in it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ive never killed a hog before but would like to kill one this year. Every picture I see of dead hogs, they are in someone's garage or already loaded in the truck undressed and I was wondering if you guys dont even bother doing it, but just butcher it up real quick

Pork's cheap. Buzzards need to eat but even they let ditch meat ripen a day or two.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by fishblitz View Post
    Do you guys field dress hogs the same way you would a deer? Do you do it before loading it in your truck?
    Yes, gut them immediately and get them out of the woods.

If you don't want to skin them until the next day, get two bags of ice, leave the ice in the bags, and stuff their body cavity with them. Then, roll it in a tarp and keep it in a shady place. (If you get home after dark or late at night, etc, and want to wait until the next morning.)

Do not gut shoot them so they can run off and die unretrieved. This is not cool, pig or not. Fuck a buzzard; they can have raccoons and possums and dead deer on the highway.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    Yes, gut them immediately and get them out of the woods.

If you don't want to skin them until the next day, get two bags of ice, leave the ice in the bags, and stuff their body cavity with them. Then, roll it in a tarp and keep it in a shady place. (If you get home after dark or late at night, etc, and want to wait until the next morning.)

Do not gut shoot them so they can run off and die unretrieved. This is not cool, pig or not. Fuck a buzzard; they can have raccoons and possums and dead deer on the highway.
    racoons & possums > pigs

Art, I get where you and Salty and Highstrung and others are coming from but I think Fishblitz is hunting public land and is viewing this as a sport. That's how I read his question. Since public land is everybody's, I don't think anyone should be encouraged to waste pork unless they're going to eat the pork they "waste," be it with bows, guns, or traps, etc...

Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes who own their land and are having hog problems.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

not at all. I agree.

Didn't catch the PL part. We got huge hog issues and I'll put lead in any one I see on any part I get a shot at.

As a sportsman, we shouldn't shoot the little ones. We should, however, catch them and.......
    Last edited by jwilliams; 11-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.

I'd stab a baby piggie right in it's damn face as soon as it popped out of it's mama's womb. That's just the way I feel. I will eat one though, and I like the pork chops off the little ones.

:lmao: That was my point, Don't chootem....catch em and knock em inda head

holy crap art, looks like you need some help with your hog problem. Thats just my game.

One of the only pigs I've actually kept and eaten was a about a 20lb female piglet, they fit right in the oven and are nice and tender....
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

1) put pig on tailgate
    2) back truck down hill
    3) slam on brakes
    4) drive pigless truck up hill
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

hahahaha you guys are funny. Yea I would be hunting public land, mostly Woodburry so I wouldnt just shoot them and let them run off because like Faulkner said, its public land and you need to respect other people hunting. I understand on private land they are an issue and you are trying to control the population and I dont have a problem knowing you shoot them and leave them there, I actually laughed at those comments. I just like to shoot the gun, if I can eat what I can then great, if you need help controlling population on private land, i have no problem doing that either.

If anyone wants an extra gunner to take out some piggies on their private land, let me know. I'd like to learn a few things about hog hunting

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    holy crap art, looks like you need some help with your hog problem. Thats just my game.
    after deer season there is going to be war.

If its under 100lbs its good to eat, anything else just roll it into the river and watch it sink.