Thread: Barker whoreing out Clemson Lands to Develop

A quick note to let those of you who would care know that the process has begun for Barker and the Baord of Trustees to develop the Federal land granted property, about 200 acres of it for now. The lands immediately across the river from Death valley are being planned as model development for the nation of integrated single family dwelling. In other words, Barker, the architect, is going to begin to utilize the states property for higher profits!!

I found out on Monday of last week that a crack team of developers and architects from the Urban Land Institute were here to deliberate on a plan to guide Barkers interest in the development of the property. This is all shortly after a memorandum by the govenor asking exectors of the state to look into to possibilty of selling state owned lands to help the budget.

I will get the stuff together and make a more detailed post of ULI's Friday presentation.

When I found out about the Panel Meeting, I wormed my way into an interview with them. They were interviewing developers and various represenatives, most of which represented similar interest. Once I got there, I found I was one of tow students they would meet with. The other one was a fellow grad student that coordinated with me on the effort. This whole thing is basically being slid under the door.

The issue here is not really with the use of the 177 acres of land, but that it opens up the door for the rest of Clemson's 17,000 acres to be developed and taken out of resaearch and any other long term, future use. The developing of state owned, Federally Granted lands is unaccaptable. About the only difference I was able to make was they did decide to "maintain ridgeline and shore line vegetation" at my very adamanant concerns of maintaining the natural feel of the Clemson community.

I can't believe the short sightedness of all this. It is like we are stepping back 100 years to use long term ecological areas for immediate resolution to financial issues. This goes to the Governor, President Barker and the Board.

I read the "Master Plan" and it actually states that the uses of Clemson's land will be decided on at a later date. That way they can slide it under the door, peice by peice, just like this one!!!!

Messed up thing is I may be putting my MS in jeopardy by my actions against Clemson higer ups. I might be looking for a job with the BS soon, but this is all bull shit.
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

Here is the publicly avaialable documents. I seemed to have deleted the file of their Powerpoint presentation. I will get it and post it.

http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_re...velopment.html

http://clemsonews.clemson.edu/WWW_re...Institute.html
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck

This is totally screwd up. It's fuckin unbelievable.

Do what you must....stop them!!!!!!!!!!!!