Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Season closed

I wouldn't go telling an officer that. I can imagine it might be pretty funny to witness though.

I did not want to start a new thread, so I'm hijacking this one for a second,
    What is this falconary season at the bottom of this link. That one is new to me.

http://www.eregulations.com/southcar...dates-summary/

You hunt with falcons like they did back in the old days.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEy9uO8wZGM&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Bwahahaha....

You ninjas that ain't got your CP are in for a slow year.

I've already put my order in for another case of shells. Without all the rubberheads running around, I ought to be putting the smack down on some "big ducks" right by myself for a while.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

And for ppl who cant kill a deer with a gun.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eHuIB8YOoo&feature=related[/ame]

That's pretty cool and bet it is fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    SECTION 501122. Hunting of waterfowl, or haressing of waterfowl.

(A) It is unlawful to hunt, disturb, molest, or attempt to hunt disturb, except by permit issued by the federal government or its agent. Season dates will be reveiewed on a year by year basis in an attempt to allow waterfowl to return to South Carolina unharassed.
    (B) It is unlawful to disturb, damage, or destroy the nest including a nest box or eggs of any waterfowl except by permit issued by the federal government or its agent. Provided, nothing in this section prohibits inspection of nests for biological purposes.
    Any person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than two hundred nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for up to thirty days. In addition, anyone convicted forfeits all hunting and fishing privileges for one year.
    am I to believe the federal goverment can't spell?

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldkiller View Post
    am I to believe the federal goverment can't spell?
    Its all in how you pronounce it LOL

Default ?????

So why is there nothing about this on the DNR website and why haven't the two Wardens I talked to last night heard nothing about it either???

They are still waiting on the info.

A lot of folks here are insiders, and get the info early before it is official.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-27-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I'm gonna try and make it. got to go back to the doc on the 3rd. he told me not to drive til then at least.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    You are correct, it is bullshit..currently. What the hype is about is the proposal going before the board on 04 Nov(next friday) to be discussed. My sources(pretty dang high up) insist that YES..the SEASON WILL BE SUSPENDED!!!! so it is not official, but, I'm betting on it.

Y'all got to remember, hunting is a privilege, not a right. If our state biologists deem it necessary for the overall health and welfare of a particular species, they will flat out shut it down.

Glad i got my NoDak trip in last week, cause that will probably be the only hunting I get in for 2011-2012.
    Us CP holders, dont get too excited. We may be shut out completely!!

I'm going to get specifics on the meeting Friday and plan on being there.
    Who wants to join me?
    Which board, WAC or another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

How is that when the past two years we've had some of the best hatches ever

I'm hearing this is not set in stone just yet, and will likely only apply to public waters

I ask if they plan to refund the state duck stamps, and he said no, which is some bullshit.
    Only good news is they are def still having the draw hunts

That's all I've been able to gather, but who knows until they vote.
    Last edited by Murray; 10-27-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reezen44 View Post
    How is that when the past two years we've had some of the best hatches ever
    Nests got waterlogged with all the rain up north. Previous counts were nest counts and can be proven to be inconclusive and support bad data.

Hatch counts, occur once the ducklings have flight feathers and are able to make the migration, problem is, is that due to the amount of water, most eggs were lost...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Atlantic flyway was down. We need to come together as waterfowlers and fight this. Will get the facts on the meeting. Need everyone on board.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    I'm hearing this is not set in stone just yet, and will likely only apply to public waters

NEGATIVE..statewide! public and private

also, I asked about the duck stamp refund also. They say since we have already had seasons that utilized the state stamp i.e. early goose/teal, they will have no way of knowing if you hunted them.

The extremely good hatch was in the Central and PacFlyway. Limited hatch on the far western side of the Miss flyway. We get 95% of our migratory waterfowl from the Atl and eastern Miss flyways. Those portions took a beating this year.

I applaud this state for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Damn.

I disagree, this state is messed up
    Last edited by Murray; 10-27-2011 at 12:04 PM.