Thread: Jap. millet

Planted our 1.5 acre duck pond on Friday August 19 with millet. Checked today and it has not started to come up yet. We tilled the bed up real soft with a rotary tiller and broad cast 50 lbs of jap. millet. The ground seems to be real fertile with heavy black soil. It is only about a 100 yard from the river. It had two heavy rains on it already. What did I do wrong and what do I need to do? Fetilizer? Drill seed?
    Needs more time?
    Keep Ya Eyes to the Sky

Probabaly just needs time, especially if you didn't cover the seed. Check it out over the weekend, and you should see it sprouting.

Try a little more time. Did you cover the seed or just broad cast? If you broadcasted only the tweety bird or something might have goten most of it.
    Just my .02 cents

I broadcast the seed. The seed is still there just not growing yet.
    Keep Ya Eyes to the Sky

would do better just underground.

get some of the same seed and wrap it in a wet paper towel. when it germinates, it germinates.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    get some of the same seed and wrap it in a wet paper towel. when it germinates, it germinates.
    Sounds like an old "high" school trick 2th. [img]graemlins/smoke18.gif[/img]
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.