Thread: Need a game camera ....

Default Need a game camera ....

I am looking for a game camera and don't know where to start. Im no big deer hunter anymore so don't want to spend alot of money. Just got permission to deer hunt a piece of property in Swansea and just curious what's on it. So that being said what's a cheap good one?
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

I've got a Wildgame Innovations IR camera that was like $80 at Bass Pro and so far its pretty good
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Coot, I got a primos truth cam 35. It does
    A good job.

What's a good price to pay for a good cheap one?

I just bought 2 Wildgame innovations ir8 from dicks for $99 each with duracell batteries and 2 gig sd cards. Cameras have taken great pictures over last two weeks and easy to use.

Let me hunt with you and I have a cam. But you already knew that

covert, I have one and It works great for me.

Default camer

good cheap camera at wolly world for 50 bucks works great. (wildview flash or infared)

Quote Originally Posted by ctodd View Post
    Coot, I got a primos truth cam 35. It does
    A good job.
    x2 on the truth cam
    "Now therefore take, I pray you, your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison" Genesis 27:3

x3 on truth cam.. I had a 46 & using a 60 right now..

46 was sent back to primos and upgraded to a 60..

M80 Moultrie, $119 at Ace, a little more than the wildgame innovations but a lot more bang for your buck. Takes great pictures, is damn small, and uses AA batteries. Also takes wide screen pics that look great.

x2 on the m80. great cam. videos are awesome. put 8 AA's in it mid summer and battery life gauge still says 100%. has plot watcher feature as well.
    \"Go to Know\"

Wildgame innovation cameras have been good for me, take good pics. Thing i like the most about them is they stand behind them. Had one for alittle over a year and it stoped working, called them up they said send it to us and they sent me a brand new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I am looking for a game camera and don't know where to start. Im no big deer hunter anymore so don't want to spend alot of money. Just got permission to deer hunt a piece of property in Swansea and just curious what's on it. So that being said what's a cheap good one?
    I've had two cheap game cameras break on me since July, one a Moultrie the other a Wildview EZ Cam.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Coot--With all the stories of cams getting stolen, I'd get the cheapest one you could find. Buddy of mine from work just bought a bunch of them from 2th-mart for $35 a piece. I've seen pics from them & can tell you I would buy them, too.

Natchez Shooters Supply has a bunch of them on sale right now. I picked up a Moultre and a Bushnell each at $89.95 marked down from $189.95.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks guys. I think im going to get the ol chepo from wally world!

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    M80 Moultrie, $119 at Ace, a little more than the wildgame innovations but a lot more bang for your buck. Takes great pictures, is damn small, and uses AA batteries. Also takes wide screen pics that look great.
    This
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I love my Wildgame stuff.

I got a bunch of them for free (which is a definite plus) from a writer's event in Illinois last year and have been pretty happy with them.

As has already been stated, they will stand behind everything they make. Good guys down there.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!