Thread: Something is fishy about this oil...

Default Something is fishy about this oil...

Maybe everything we know, or think we know, about fish oil isn't as REEL as we thought it was (get it? Fish, reel? Humorless sonsabitches).

In this article Robb Wolf breaks down Omega 3's, 6's, how much we should be getting and where we should be getting them. Supplement industry is a huge business. Remember this though. Grok did not need, nor did he have access to supplements.

Read on my brothers of the loin cloth and educate your mind...

http://robbwolf.com/2011/10/05/fish-oil/

Note that one area we have the upper hand is by having access to as much grass fed natural protein as we can handle in the form of deer meat. Contrast this with the non primal/non hunter that has to buy grass fed beef and the cost associated with that.

Grok On!

They may not work for everyone, but some of us with genetic predisposition to mega-high triglycerides get benefit from 'em.

My triglycerides untreated range well over 1000 - sometimes as high as 1400. So high that, when I gave platelets, my plasma bag looked like a bag of alfredo sauce. No shit. And that is on a restricted diet with elimination of almost all refined sugar and refined flour, and some restriction of saturated fats.

When I take 4 grams of Lovaza a day, my triglycerides are below 180, usually below 150. My cardiologist is even amazed.

He says refined sugar and genetics are more my enemy than sat fats, although he recommends reducing them as well.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I take 2-3 grams of O3's a day every day. The article wasn't saying we didn't need it but merely addressing the fact that skewing the ratio too much to the O3 side may be "too much of a good thing" so to speak. Most people who eat a normal processed western diet won't have to worry about it. They could take 10 grams of O3FA a day and still not be close to 1:1 ratio.

But for someone like myself who has a very limited intake of O6FA it was an eye opener that I was taking too much. I was taking 5 grams a day based on my body weight. Since reading Robb's article I backed off to 2-3.
    Last edited by Glenn; 10-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Yall gonna kill yourself's. Naturally.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Lord I hope not. I want to be smothered to death by the biggest titty in the world. A womans titty. Just needed to specify.

BAWWAAAAA. Just glad you verified.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

My brother started on fish oil pills a couple years back. They made his flatulence so rank the smell woke him and his wife out of a dead sleep.

Mind you, my brother takes oxygen in his C-Pap mask and it worked its way past all that pure buffer!

So, when your gf or wife complains about your farts, please use this true story to make yourself look compassionate in comparison. "Hon, consider yourself lucky. There was this guy once who stunk so bad that he grossed himself out even though he had on an oxygen mask."
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?