Thread: Changing draw length on Mathews Switchback XT

Default Changing draw length on Mathews Switchback XT

I hunted for years with a Browning Ballistic Mirage and loved that old bow. Kept wanting a Mathews and 4-5 yrs back my nephew had a Switchback XT and I shot it and loved it. He did not bow hunt much and sold it to me fully equipped at a great price

It is 70lbs and has a 28" draw length, he is much shorter than I am and my old Browning had a 30" draw length. I would like something between the two, I shoot the Mathews great but a longer draw length would better suit me.

My question is can this be changed, think I saw somewhere that you can buy a different wheel and change the draw length and if so how much

Since gun season is here I will not bow hunt for a few weeks but always like to end up late season with my bow.

I think we still have a Mathews dealer here in Anderson, on Whitehall Rd, so I assume that they could handle this if possible

I think that a Matthews dealer can order a new cam for you and change the draw length. Shouldn't be more than $30
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

you have to have the cam changed out...matthews doesn't have a module system where you can adjust the draw length you have to change the cam suited to one for your draw. Any Matthews dealer can do this.

PM budro westmoreland. He's a Mathews wizard and has a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post

This.....the cams run around $60 to $70 bucks. The Mathews usually has a half inch to move and the Mathews might have a shorter axle to axle witch can also make a difference. Go see Budro.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Where is his shop

His shop is in Summerville, near Charleston. I'm sure he can hook you up without making you travel.

His shop is on Industrial Ln off of Hwy 78 leaving Summerville.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    The Mathews usually has a half inch to move. Go see Budro.
    the XT has no adjustment in draw length other than changing the cam...

some of the older mathews had adjustments but you also lost let off when u adjusted it

Thanks, took it by local Mathews dealer we have here in Anderson (Center Shot Archery).

Let me draw a 29" XT and it was perfect, got new cams on the way

Nice shop and first time I had been in it but wish I had not, got to looking around TOOOOO MUCH
    Last edited by tprice; 10-12-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Check out ebay for cams, you can pick um up for around 25 bucks or so from people changing them out.

Support your local shop, you may pay more but the shop will make it worth your while in the long run. The more you trade there the more your savings will be. Dealers have to charge a little more to stay in the trade. Buy a cam on ebay and I will charge you to put it on. If I had the cam you needed I would just trade it out at no charge for the cam only a charge for labor.

Quote Originally Posted by budro westmoreland View Post
    Support your local shop, you may pay more but the shop will make it worth your while in the long run. The more you trade there the more your savings will be. Dealers have to charge a little more to stay in the trade. Buy a cam on ebay and I will charge you to put it on. If I had the cam you needed I would just trade it out at no charge for the cam only a charge for labor.
    That is what I did and I agree. Would rather my $$$ stay local if possible