Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week Six

Default Week Six

Was how long it took before all chances of having a rationale, non-douchebaggery, and civil conversation about either Carolina or Clemson football to evaporate.

I will see ya'll much later.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Can we at least talk about Gamecocks Defense and solid play on the pass defense? No douchebaggerry intended. Man they continue to look like a top 5 defense overall. They allow some yards between the 20's, but they are tough to move the ball on in the redzone. Had a fumble not occured I am not sure they would have ever scored.

Go tigers!

I'm just glad Spurrier saw that there are other QB's than Garcia.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

If you look back at my posts last week, you will see that I believe they can win with a "trent dilfer" type at QB. Just someone that manages the game without being an idiot. They could have beaten Auburn with S Gilmore at QB running the wildsmallcock.

This team is so loaded, OBC needs to just not get in the way. Not meant to upset any of those that worship obc, just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    This team is so loaded, OBC needs to just not get in the way. Not meant to upset any of those that worship obc, just my opinion.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...hXTI_blog.html

Ross Tucker tells hilarious Steve Spurrier stories

By Dan Steinberg
    Former Redskins offensive lineman and current NFL analyst Ross Tucker was on 106.7 The Fan this morning to talk about the NFL lockout. But he started talking to the Junkies about the Steve Spurrier Era, and that was a lot more entertaining.
    I mean, 30 years from now, the Steve Spurrier Era will remain a juicy source of hilarious radio interviews.
    “Marty was the only guy that literally I think almost all of us would run through a wall for,” Tucker said. “I mean, he could just get the hair on the back of your neck standing up. He was awesome....But then the next year Spurrier comes in and we go to Dickinson for training camp and his opening meeting was, ‘You know men, I played 12 years in the NFL and went to 12 of these here training camps and I can’t remember one darn good thing I ever got out of it. But you know what, Mr. Snyder wants us to be here, so let’s try to get something done.’ ”
    More:
    On the preseason success: “What was weird was I was starting, I started every preseason game that year in ‘02, and we were killing people. I was like, wow, we’re awesome, I’m awesome, life is awesome, this is fantastic. And then I realized wait a minute, we actually only have two pass protections, and the Steelers are laughing at us because they say they know what our protection is, and Shane Matthews and Danny are getting blown up, and our poor running back, there’s no hot reads, there’s no sight adjusts.
    On the organization: “I’m actually shocked that does decently well in college. He was by far the worst coach I ever had. Let me give you an example, his director of ops guy was the least detail-oriented dude I’ve ever met. Everyone in the NFL is like ok the bus is at 10, we’ll get there at 10:15!! The first game I was like ‘What time is the bus?’ he’s like, ehhhh, it’ll probably be around 9. I was like what are you talking about around 9? I’ve got to know. It was honestly crazy. I mean, that was not pro football. I don’t know what that was.”
    On leaving: “You know what’s crazy is I got cut by him midway through the year, and I got picked up on waivers the next day by the Cowboys. So I went into Redskins Park to get my bag and all my stuff, and he looks at me and he says Cowboys, huh? And I’m like yup. And he’s like, well, don’t be telling ‘em any of my secrets. I’m sitting there thinking number one dude, your secrets are pathetic, and number 2, as soon as I get there tomorrow, I’m actually going to tell them every single thing I can remember about your pathetic offense.”
    On Patrick Ramsey: “If you guys ever could, you should go back and get a sideline copy of Patrick Ramsey’s first start against the Saints. There were no hot reads or no sight adjusts. If a blitz came, his whole philosophy was to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Well, in the NFL, if it looks like the linebacker from the right’s coming, he’s not the guy coming, it’s the other guy. It’s all disguised. He would literally be on the sideline screaming out to Patrick to change the play, so Patrick would change the play, then the defense would shift, and Spurrier would be like no no no no, and there’d either be a timeout or a delay of game. Dude, it was straight high school. It was honestly hilarious. It was absolutely brutal.”
    Last edited by dfasano; 10-10-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Can we at least talk about Gamecocks Defense and solid play on the pass defense? No douchebaggerry intended. Man they continue to look like a top 5 defense overall. They allow some yards between the 20's, but they are tough to move the ball on in the redzone. Had a fumble not occured I am not sure they would have ever scored.

Go tigers!
    I agree, SC's defense is really good, but we won't know how good they really are until they play some good Offenses. This is the same defense that gave up over 100 points the first 3 games. The past three games they have looked great, but look who they have played. Vandy (117th Total Offense), Auburn (80th), Kentucky (119th). Remember there are only 120 FBS teams. So two of the three are bottom of the barrel and then other not so good either. Again, they have a good defense, but top 5...I question that until they play a respectable offense which will happen at Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXHUNTER10 View Post
    I agree, SC's defense is really good, but we won't know how good they really are until they play some good Offenses. This is the same defense that gave up over 100 points the first 3 games. The past three games they have looked great, but look who they have played. Vandy (117th Total Offense), Auburn (80th), Kentucky (119th). Remember there are only 120 FBS teams. So two of the three are bottom of the barrel and then other not so good either. Again, they have a good defense, but top 5...I question that until they play a respectable offense which will happen at Arkansas.
    they also have new starters in the seondary since those 3 games, and some added depth as well.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    they also have new starters in the seondary since those 3 games, and some added depth as well.
    I agree, I'm not arguing they aren't good, but top 5 is tough when they haven't shut down a good offense. Thats all I am stating. Top 25, i will agree now, but top 5, need some proof before I jump on that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    how does one add depth three games into the season? Did they pick a few players up off waivers or something?

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    how does one add depth three games into the season? Did they pick a few players up off waivers or something?

Injuries, suspensions, boys turning into football players.. ?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Injuries, suspensions, girls turning into football players.. ?
    Oh sorry, you are right. This is...CAROLINA FOOTBALL...

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Oh sorry, you are right. This is...CAROLINA FOOTBALL...
    Just can't help yourself can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    ESPN has SC defense ranked at 9th purely by stats.

You want a cookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    ESPN has SC defense ranked at 9th purely by stats.

Link...
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Just can't help yourself can you?

Thanks Gbelly. Is there one on ESPN as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Whats the prize for having the 9th ranked defense in week 6 anyway?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Whats the prize for having the 9th ranked defense in week 6 anyway?
    a fucking cookie

Chocolate chip?