Thread: Water Intake

Default Water Intake

How much water do yall drink a day?
    Is there a such thing as too much?

I drink 4+litters per day

Two things that are caused by too much water intake are water intoxication (which is very rare) and Hyponatremia which is caused by the dilution of sodium in the body. The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day. You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications...........So I think you're prolly OK.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

I take in 100+ ounces a day. About 2.5 liters or so. Sometimes more depending on the day but never under 70 ounces.

I think you have to drink a shit ton before you cause medullary wash out and your kidneys lose their osmotic gradient and stop concentrating urine.

More common problem is not drinking enough.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-28-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Oh I know I'm not drinking too much... I guess the question should be am I drinking enough?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    Oh I know I'm not drinking too much... I guess the question should be am I drinking enough?
    Sorry bout that.........I thought I had an opportunity to show my brain size (or lack there of)......carry on
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

What does your piss look like? Serious question. If it looks like melted cheese and sinks to the bottom of the toilet then you need to drink some more. If it is clear to light light yellow then you are probably good.

I drink about 140 to 160 ounces during the week. I find it a lot harder to get that much over the weekend when I'm not sitting at a desk for most of the day.

Early in the am bright yellow... As the day goes becomes clear

Don't worry about it. Just drink when you are thirsty. Do you think Grok measured how much water he drank during the day? You get a lot of water from the food you eat. Especially fruit.

Early in the am bright yellow... As the day goes becomes clear
    You're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt Creek View Post
    Don't worry about it. Just drink when you are thirsty. Do you think Grok measured how much water he drank during the day? You get a lot of water from the food you eat. Especially fruit.
    Zackly. I drink when I need it. Most of us are walking around partially dehydrated.

GEt the fuck on the boat and enjoy life young man. Bonine-ProTip. Drugstore TRUST ME. Chewable.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You lost me at "drugstore".....

:hammeredandpostingagain:

I'm thinking, more and more, that I like the shit out of DRDUCK...

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

That is where you buy it tater. BONINE, over the counter. Chewable.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

WTF does that have to do with water intake???
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.