Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good run in with the green jeans

Default A good run in with the green jeans

I went to put the vessel in today at a ramp in clemson called Martin Creek, when the law man rolled up. He was a friendly guy, and when he saw me carrying my life jacket to the water he gave me some coupons for free frosties at wendys, and never once gave me a hard time about anything. Its nice to know there are still some good ones, as much as we hear about the negative experiences on here

I get checked all the time and all is in order, but I never get a free Frosty! And I'm nice and respectful, too, believe it or not!

You don't give them extra "favors", do you?

Probably because you refer to your boat as a "vessel".
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

I've never had a "bad" experience with them.

Good on you for wearing a PFD.

Wear your life jacket on Hartwell at all times. The COE officers will give ya Chil-fil-A coupons for a free milkshake if they catch ya with it on. Pro Tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg View Post
    Probably because you refer to your boat as a "vessel".

I have never had a bad experience with a DNR officer.

Quote Originally Posted by B.G. Guy View Post
    Your truck is faster is all.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Bow tie

Ditto

Be straight with them and they will be straight with you.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Bow tie

ditto again
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

never had a problem with green jeans here in south carolina.... had one be a total dick head one time when i was a kid, fishin with my mom and dad on our ponton.... but other than that all my run ins with them here in sc have been pleasant.

now, Tennessee game wardens are another story. i havent had a nice conversation with one of them yet.

"Be straight with them and they will be straight with you."

Not necessarily. There are bad ones in every bunch. Had one check me and a buddy during turkey season who harrassed me about not tagging my turkey. I shot one and a buddy wounded the other. We left mine laying at the set up while we went to look for his. Come back out and head for the car. Left our stuff including the bird inside the gate about 150 yards. We were planning to open the gate and drive in to pick up our stuff. GW is waiting for us at the car. Asks if we killed anything and we tell him I killed one. He then asks me if I tagged the bird and I tell him I did. He then starts telling me that if he walks down there and the bird is not tagged we are going to have big problems. This goes on for a few minutes. I finally ask him to walk down there with me to look at the tag. He finally tells me there is no need because he already checked it out while we were looking for the wounded bird. The bastage knew the bird was properly tagged the entire time and was just f-ing with me. He even had a picture of the tagged bird on his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchmob View Post
    "Be straight with them and they will be straight with you."

Not necessarily. There are bad ones in every bunch. Had one check me and a buddy during turkey season who harrassed me about not tagging my turkey. I shot one and a buddy wounded the other. We left mine laying at the set up while we went to look for his. Come back out and head for the car. Left our stuff including the bird inside the gate about 150 yards. We were planning to open the gate and drive in to pick up our stuff. GW is waiting for us at the car. Asks if we killed anything and we tell him I killed one. He then asks me if I tagged the bird and I tell him I did. He then starts telling me that if he walks down there and the bird is not tagged we are going to have big problems. This goes on for a few minutes. I finally ask him to walk down there with me to look at the tag. He finally tells me there is no need because he already checked it out while we were looking for the wounded bird. The bastage knew the bird was properly tagged the entire time and was just f-ing with me. He even had a picture of the tagged bird on his phone.
    You probably made him suspicious when you left all of your shit inside the gate and walked to the truck with nothing in your hands.

He was likely grilling you to see if you had ANOTHER bird somewhere with no tag.

There are plenty of people that will tag one bird, but not another just so that they may have a chance at bird #6 one day.

Chill. He was doing his job.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

DNR run ins in SC have been pleasant for me. Had a bad experience in Miss with a fed when we called to report we spotted a wounded hawk on the side of the levee that looked like it had been shot. We waited for almost two hours for them to arive to and keep a visual on the bird, so it could be located. Asshat acted like we shot it, checked us out from head to toe, and tried to dress us down like criminals. I will never voluntarily contact them again.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

You probably made him suspicious when you left all of your shit inside the gate and walked to the truck with nothing in your hands.

"He was likely grilling you to see if you had ANOTHER bird somewhere with no tag.

There are plenty of people that will tag one bird, but not another just so that they may have a chance at bird #6 one day.

Chill. He was doing his job"

His job is to harrass me about a properly tagged bird? If he was concerned about a second untagged bird, it seems he would have asked questions about the second bird. He was being an ass for no reason.

No, sir. You ASSUMED he was being an ass for no reason.

Did you ask him why you were being interrogated?

I didn't think so...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Turbo, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about the facts when you weren't there. The GW admitted to a few people including a member on this site who neighbors the property (and who was not hunting with us) that he was just fucking with me when he ran into him later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchmob View Post
    Turbo, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you about the facts when you weren't there. The GW admitted to a few people including a member on this site who neighbors the property (and who was not hunting with us) that he was just fucking with me when he ran into him later.
    So you're saying you're a humorless son of a bitch?

I get it now...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

I just don't like a man with a gun and a badge that I've never dealt with before telling me there are going to be serious issues over something I had done properly. Had it been the other GW that was with him that I've run into on several occasions and alway had good experiences, I may have taken it differently. When a person uses a position of power to intimidate someone that has done nothing wrong, I believe it shows a real lack of character.
    Last edited by Lynchmob; 09-29-2011 at 09:19 AM.