Thread: 10' 9" 410 lbs Gator

Default 10' 9" 410 lbs Gator

Tagged out on this fella last night! Glad to be done its fun but man them gators are a lot of work, before and after the kill. Second time on the water was way better than the opening weekend! Hardly any boats out last night on the water.
    Unloading and weighin him

Stopped at a gas station on 378 in Cola. Folks wouldn't leave us alone wanting to look at it and take pictures! There was a couple going back to Ohio from Fl and they were freaked out!

The "R" rated shot when we rolled him in the boat, not for the light of heart!

Will post a few more pictures later. Camera battery was dead on the canon, but the other crew members got some better shots.
    Phillipians 4:13

Good Work!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Good gator, ya'll hog tie all of them?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I love Coor's Light and oh yeah good gator!!!
    My thoughts exactly JAB. I figure, i'll never retire, always work doing something. Rather have boats, guns now and be able to use em than to save and save and then be too out of health to enjoy it.

TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN--thank you-Phoneman

Nice gator guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Good gator, ya'll hog tie all of them?
    Only the ones that tote 2 rounds of 240gr 44 mag and keep their eyes open and want to fight! Once we got back to landing and had better light we cut the spine and he was lights out, but we just didn't take tape off til we got home.

That gator looks awful familiar!! It was def fun wrestling him in the boat!!

Quote Originally Posted by quakcaller View Post
    That gator looks awful familiar!! It was def fun wrestling him in the boat!!
    I will say that if nothing else good ever comes from the swamp people show, the technique they use to pull a gator into a boat has made my life easier this year.

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Capt. Tom, you are right. That's how we did it. rolled him right in there. 410lbs is still not real easy to move, but we got 'em in there!

I hear ya, we did not kill any quite that big this year.

I will say that I felt fairly embarassed when I saw how easy they rolled right in the boat using their technique, but hey, they do it for a living down in LA. When I think about how much we used to struggle to get them in it made me laugh.

What area J?

Midlands?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Yea Chuck it was Midlands, you know thats where I would rather be. You should have seen the look of the locals face in Cola when I told the it was Lake Murruy!

Tom we did roll him in the boat, but my rig only has 16in sides(you'll see in next few pictures) and when you put three grown men(600lbs) and a 400lb gator all on one side we was close to taking on water! Water was right up on gunnel and with every rock of the gator and boat it was coming in. One thing I learned if they are any bigger I just have to tie them to the side and head for the landing!

A few more pictures from the real camera!

Nice killin!!