Thread: Shrimping this weekend

Default Shrimping this weekend

Is this weekend going to be a good weekend to go considering all the fresh water we have had dumped on us? (Us being the coast) I dont shrimp, but have a two friends that are going to try their luck and figured I'd found out some info and maybe save them a trip down.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

A deluge of fresh water is never good for them. Changes the salinity and tends to push them out. Depending on where you are going could depend on what happens. An area near a major river will not be as good as an area that only gets some local run off. Closer to the ocean may be a little better than back inshore. As with shrimpin, it is always hit or miss. Right now, we are still planning on going in Winyah Bay, but may change locations due to all the river systems that feed it. Good luck to ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    A deluge of fresh water is never good for them. Changes the salinity and tends to push them out. Depending on where you are going could depend on what happens. An area near a major river will not be as good as an area that only gets some local run off. Closer to the ocean may be a little better than back inshore. As with shrimpin, it is always hit or miss. Right now, we are still planning on going in Winyah Bay, but may change locations due to all the river systems that feed it. Good luck to ya.
    This....Salt is your friend although the rain yesterday didn't mess them up as much as I thought. Lot of rain last night though so we will see.