Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCWA chapter president....BUSTED?

Quote Originally Posted by Man843 View Post
    All this shit yall talking is wrong. The scwa has a great summer camp for kids and teach all the basic fundimentals of the outdoors!!!!!! Dont let one mans actions spoil the whole organization, and what chapter was this man from?
    It's funny to see this response. Just because they "help children" their half hearted ass on hunting and the MRP should be taken in a different light. It is wrong, and there isn't one thing that you can say about it that will make it right. They are swaying a young impressionable group of hunters to take their lazy and outright wrong approach.

Duck banding involves all campers

"One of their projects, the “SCWA Waterfowl Enhancement Project” added some 100,000 ducks and geese to South Carolina’s waterfowl populations in the year 1999 alone. Eli and I were provided the opportunity of watching the young campers and counselors at Camp Woodie round up the ducks for the banding event–a part of this project. The group stretched out in a line all the way across the water and slowly herded the birds toward a small cove where the banding would begin. These ducks were still too young to fly so they had no choice but to swim “as directed.”

www.wildfowlmag.com/.../camp_woodie/index.html

He will not get out of this. FACT
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    He will not get out of this. FACT
    Where have you been stranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Man843 View Post
    All this shit yall talking is wrong. The scwa has a great summer camp for kids and teach all the basic fundimentals of the outdoors!!!!!! Dont let one mans actions spoil the whole organization, and what chapter was this man from?
    Child molesters groom their victims too.

You plan on buying yer kid his first piece of ass too? Or first piece of pussy if by some miracle he turns out not to be queer.

Tamie shooting mother fucker.....may you all burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

You plan on buying yer kid his first piece of ass too? Or first piece of pussy if by some miracle he turns out not to be queer.

You have such a way with words
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

erytime i ride past the place, i imagine it going up in flames and me standing there dancing around the bon fire
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

This ^

SCWA started a trend, now many have followed suit and they think it's ok to stock their own ponds then shoot em. That's where we went wrong. Sure people were realesing birds before them, but they kicked it into the mainstream.

The good SCWA may do does not mask the sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

from todays newspaper.

The S.C. Department of Natural Resources arrested three men this week for hunting at night near the Pleasant Point neighborhood on Lady's Island.
    At about 8 p.m. Tuesday, DNR officers were patrolling the area when they saw a vehicle pull up beside a field and use a spotlight to light the area, said Sgt. Michael Paul Thomas, DNR spokesman.
    Thomas said officers stopped the vehicle, found a loaded rifle in the front seat and confiscated two other rifles.
    The driver, a 42-year-old Lady's Island man, and two other passengers were arrested and each charged with one count of hunting at night, Thomas said.
    Officers did not catch the men shooting at any animals, and the vehicle did not contain any dead animals, he said.
    All three men were released Wednesday from the Beaufort County Detention Center on their own recognizance, according to the jail log. They face as many as 30 days in jail and a $2,500 fine, according to DNR officials

Read more: http://www.islandpacket.com/2011/09/...#ixzz1YmGwUWQi

No names?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Man843, go fuck yourself.

I am sure that someone will show receipts where they paid for the animals and the local magistrate will drop the charges, pending of course, his access to a few tamie killings.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Sig worthy

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    No names?
    http://beauforttribune.com/archives/64855

Scroll through and look at the charges

Default Reality Check

Bunch of sanctimonious SOB's up in here.

In 30 years of hunting, fishing and general outdoorsman activities I have NEVER met a man who didn't straddle the line of legality on occasion.

What did or did not happen will work itself out, but damn, give the man a chance. And hope you never run afoul of a DNR ( or any other SLED official), cause it will truly suck.
    "Face it, there's a douche bag in every crowd......and it's usually me"

You call shooting at night straddling?

Excuse me night hunting, there's a difference.

So this should be only slightly illegal. I get it.

I missed the part of the story that said he was convicted, or that gave details of the arrest...I did see the disclaimer in the tribune copied below;
    THESE PERSONS HAVE NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF THE CHARGES STATED AND ARE PRESUMED INNOCENT UNDER THE LAW. DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE TO DETERMINE GUILT OR ACTUAL CRIMINAL RECORD OF ANYONE

Call me silly, but arrested and convicted are two seperate issues. Hell if an accusation makes a story true then I accuse you of being a democrat. And that does not necessarily denote a political affiliation.................
    "Face it, there's a douche bag in every crowd......and it's usually me"

You're the one that suggested that they straddled. So did they break the law or what.