Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCWA chapter president....BUSTED?

Buck you're right, it does happen and most of the time its not on purpose.As far as hunting at night, hunting anything out of season or keeping a fish too small/too big or more than my limit of shrimp. I can hoenstly say I don't do it. I have had lights go out on my boat or forgot a lifejacket or throwable, but nothing with game. I'm not saying I have freinds that don't do it, but not me presonally.

Jab, I completely agree with you, not the kind of role model youngsters need.

Turbo, for the record, riding around drinking and spotlighting deer is not something that most of us around here are ok with. If it is, somewhere along the line, we quit paying enough attention to the people we let in this place...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Turbo, for the record, riding around drinking and spotlighting deer is not something that most of us around here are ok with. If it is, somewhere along the line, we quit paying enough attention to the people we let in this place...
    You're definitely right. I don't think I was clear in what I was trying to say. I look at game laws much like I look at sin in general... None being greater than the other.

The way I see it, if I get ticketed for a fish that's 1" short of the minimum, I may as well be spotlighting deer.... Either way, you're in the wrong.

I do have to say that riding around (while drinking or otherwise) and spotlighting deer is a whole 'nother realm of dumbass. If you can't kill a whitetail in SC while following the rulebook, you suck at life in general.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by triton1756 View Post
    Buck you're right, it does happen and most of the time its not on purpose.As far as hunting at night, hunting anything out of season or keeping a fish too small/too big or more than my limit of shrimp. I can hoenstly say I don't do it. I have had lights go out on my boat or forgot a lifejacket or throwable, but nothing with game. I'm not saying I have freinds that don't do it, but not me presonally.

Jab, I completely agree with you, not the kind of role model youngsters need.
    Well said sir.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    No surprise, if this story is true. People who shoot tamies can't kill ducks in a fair, sportsmanlike manner. Why would they hunt deer any different?
    I really like this. I hope oneday soon the SCWA will go down in a ball of flames for what it has done to this state and hunting. It has shamed the name of sportsmen. I know a fella well that hunts release birds " Come on out, we killed a couple pintails out of the pond last week. We had four Black Ducks killed and we have a ton of Ringnecks." Then they'll go and explain how they won't shoot the tame birds until the end of the season. While bringing damn kids into this shooting banaza. I laughed my ass off in a dovefield last year. I saw him on a stand and walked over to talk to him. I asked him what was he shooting, " A .410 he replied, gotta keep it sporty ". Needless to say I won't get an invite to the pond again or ever, and I'm not quite sure how I would think of myself if I ever did shoot out there. It's a damned shame. It takes a warped mind to be able to justify killing a pet bird and call it hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    . It takes a warped mind to be able to justify killing a pet bird and call it hunting.
    Or using live decoys and not feeling dirty and gross afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I typed a response similar to this but declined. Yours was much nicer.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Confession time:

I used to fill out the forms for those cheap ass prints that they "auction" with JAB's name.

Is it that time, and that would have to be one of the funniest things I've ever read.

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I got nothing you bastage.

All this shit yall talking is wrong. The scwa has a great summer camp for kids and teach all the basic fundimentals of the outdoors!!!!!! Dont let one mans actions spoil the whole organization, and what chapter was this man from?

Quote Originally Posted by Man843 View Post
    All this shit yall talking is wrong. The scwa has a great summer camp for kids and teach all the basic fundimentals of the outdoors!!!!!! Dont let one mans actions spoil the whole organization, and what chapter was this man from?
    Dude you are fixing to get your arse handed to you.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Man843 View Post
    Umm no. Teaching kids to shoot tamies is not teaching the right way. My kids will learn fair chase and that's the only way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Anybody else want some? This is gonna get good. All I got to say is SCWA is dying, just as they should, a slow and painful death.
    For the ducks

He posted that on his 6th post. These new guys sure are not learning fast.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 09-22-2011 at 06:29 PM.

.... and, I used Swampy's address.

Shits bout to Hit the Fan. SCWA is trash