Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tavern Creek

I know my view points are kinda one-sided but I tend to stick up more for the public hunter. For instance, why is it that in certain counties private land deer hunters are allowed to hunt on sundays and the public cannot. What happened to all of the game management areas? Seems kinda unfair to me. Either no one hunts on sundays or everybody should. as far as the corn situation goes-I understand that baiting is baiting but some of the practices that occurs on impoundments is in my opinion is baiting. I'm sure that there could be a book written about why there are no ducks in SC, but in the end I just wish there were more ducks to shoot at, or at least a more level playing field.

I'm going to hold back on this one for a while.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. [img]graemlins/ak47.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/soap.gif[/img]

How gay is it to post GPS #s about someone's bait. Are you in the third grade. I say throw stones at the first person who has never broken the law, on purpose or not. So keep that shit to yourself, ite POT-NA.
    \"I\'d rather go to hell than Clemson\".<br /><br />QDM= Quantity of Deer Murdered

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

And that is just what is wrong with the "New" breed of duckshooters(They certainly can't be called hunters)like Woodduck Demando. To bait is to rape the resource - hurt hunting for others and to put further pressure on waterfowl species. I encourage all Sportsmen and true "hunters" to report any and all violations to the proper law enforcement agencies This will insure the future of waterfowling for our children - their children and right on.
    There is nothing gay about doing something right - there is nothing more queer than hiding your head in the sand and letting our resources suffer. Grow up!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

I'm not sure if baiting is "raping" but killing over your limit would be. 6 is still 6, weather from a corn pond or a corn pile. I don't advocate baiting and won't shoot a place if I think its baited but my simple mind still can't make the difference out between corn fields and corn piles. No offence intended to anyone. I'm a lover not a fighter.
    easy livin'

Just out of curiosity

If a group of hunters got together and planted an area in the swamp or any similar area, would that be legal to hunt over? Considering that it is according to the same practices as a legally planted area (on private lands)and it is open to first-come first-serve.

The area is baited "legally" and not "illegally"

Do we have any attorneys? You can never have enough attorneys.

Originally posted by Claimer:
    [QB 6 is still 6, weather from a corn pond or a corn pile. [/QB]
    Claimer.........6 is not 6 when the USFWS figures harvest limits. They impose restrictions based on what the average hunter kills per day.........which is somewhere around 1.78 ducks. That's also why reducing the limit to 5 makes little difference.

If baiting were legal then the average harvest per hunter would easily go up to around 6.

The only way to have legal baiting(like in the UK) is for the USFWS to shorten the season to around 1 week.

Which would you prefer?